VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Laptop running Windows 8.1
    Latest version of HandBrake
    HandBrake sees and recognizes everything about the VIDEO_TS folder(including chapters).
    HandBrake finishes but with only around 35 minutes in the resulting MP4 file(using High Profile setting).

Happens on both de-encrypted DVDs(ripped with AnyDVD first) and most recently with a homemade DVD with the
    VIDEO_TS folder copied and pasted to the laptop HDD....both encodes failed at about the same time/duration.

HOWEVER...when I ripped a disc to a VIDEO_TS folder on my PC with DVDFabDecrypter, then gave that VIDEO_TS
    folder to my wife to convert with HandBrake....it encoded perfectly on the laptop.

I hate laptops because their burners have such shitty reputations for longevity. Could this be a DVD drive/burner problem?
    I don't think she has updated AnyDVD for a while....I haven't either now that I think about it.
    AND my version of DVDFab is OLD....
    Any suggestions aside from getting her her own install of DVDFab and/or updating AnyDVD? The VIDEO_TS folders are fine.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    If you were only having failures straight from the optical drive, I might suspect the burner to be part of the problem, but you also seem to have an example of an unencrypted DVD-video failing to encode properly from the hard drive as well.

Is the laptop overheating while encoding?

Just as an experiment, I might update AnyDVD to the latest version, rip a DVD to the hard drive and encode it from there, first with Handbrake, then with something else, perhaps VidCoder or Ripbot264.
    Quote Quote