VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I mess with videos. I have so many cartoon files that it's hard to keep track of them. I post them online.

I've used Windows for this since 95. It just works. Now, with the release of Win10, I've lost all of my video thumbnails. There has never been a problem until now. When 10 was first up and running, all my thumbnails were there. Then a bunch of Windows Updates came along and they all disappeared. So I open up my Folder Options thingy to set the way they are displayed expecting to regain my MPEG4 thumbnail view just to find out that it no longer works. I do not know or understand what happened or why and can not find out on the Windows site. No one there will admit to knowing what I'm talking about. Even in their "Community" help, I only get crack pot answers. Their support people have tried to convince me that I did something to corrupt Win10 and want to charge me to even look at what's happened. I've even been told that Windows folders NEVER displayed thumbnail views for any video format.

I need my thumbnail views back. Can any one help or lead me to where I can find help.

Afterthought. 10 is very unfriendly to any existing software I use. I've needed to find and install new drivers and try to sort out compatibility issues with almost everything. I don't have anything exotic. Just this was a bad move. To early in it's life.
    Quote Quote  
  2. After posting, a list of similar threads came up. Thru them I was led to Icaros and a few others and decided on Media Preview. Time will tell.

Thanx for the prompt reply. Will post how this works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by andythebeagle View Post
    After posting, a list of similar threads came up. Thru them I was led to Icaros and a few others and decided on Media Preview. Time will tell.

Thanx for the prompt reply. Will post how this works.
    At this point in time, I must say that Media Preview is the best thing ever. I love it.
    Quote Quote