VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have to submit a short film to someone and these are my instructions:

"Please ensure that the DVD submitted is an Authored DVD playable on a consumer (non-professional) DVD player. We will not accept data DVD's (no quicktime files (Movs), Mp4s, H264s)."

Here is my problem:

My footage is AVCHD... What program/software do I use to make my film playable on a consumer DVD player.

Is this possible? I am not too good at this stuff, so simple instructions would be so much appreciated. Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD
    very simple to use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does this program work on a macbook? I downloaded but it is saying:

"Safari can’t open the file “AVStoDVD_283_Install.exe” because no available application can open it."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    If you're using a Mac you should have said so from the start. If you were using Windows you'd have about 50 free and paid apps you could use. Mac is pretty unfriendly when it comes to what you want to do, which pretty much leaves you with Toast , Final Cut Pro, or maybe some variation of ffmpeg.

You might also want to know about DVD specs for PAL or NTSC: https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech . If your AVCHD structure doesn't look anything like DVD structure, you have some work ahead of you.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 13th Oct 2015 at 21:20.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote