VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,
    After navigating many hours through this forum I realized that I'm a dammit newbie! You talk a lot of crazy terms and no sense acronym(for me) and I can't advance in my knowledge. Here is the deal: I have a Decoder (I record my favorites TV Shows constantly) and he saves in files with TS format and 2 GB parts. Usually a TV Show with an hour take one file of 2 GB and second with 1 GB (My HD it's FAT format, no possible to save huge files).
    An example of my favorite TV Shows:
    1) "The World from Above" (Discovery HD Theater), each episode have 28 minutes and a file of 1,79GB. TS Format (Transport Stream), codec h246(MPEG-4 AVC part 10), 1920x1080 res., and Decod Format(??) plan 4:2:0 YUV, the audio is AC3 (48000Hz Bit rate 384 kb/s).

2) "Wild Australia" (Nat Geo Wild Channel), each episode have 51 minutes in 2 files of 2GB and 912MB. TS Format (Transport Stream), codec h246(MPEG-4 AVC part 10), 1920x1080 res., and Decod Format(??) plan 4:2:0 YUV, the audio is AC3 (48000Hz Bit rate 384 kb/s).

3) "Against the Odds" (Discovery Civilization), each episode with 52 min, file 1,47 GB. TS Format, codec MPEG 1/2(mpgv), 720x480 res., decoded format plan 4:2:0 YUV, audio MPEG Audio Layer 1/2(mpga) 48000Hz and B/r 96 Kb/s.

This informations was extracted from VLC player.

a) My first needs is removes the ads, trimming unnecessary videos and merge the two parts (when long series, the decoder create two files).
    -- So what Video Edit App I have to use and what the best format and container to choice to export?
    (I prefer a good quality and optimal compress).

b) second question is when the movie is running, it's visible lines in each frame, specially one action scenes. This is the "interlaced" transition? I can export my records to a format without this 'interlace' transition?

Sorry my ignorance guys, I tried seek the tutorials and I only found a dead-end street
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use VideoRedo TV Suite for editing out commercials from MPEG-2 and H.264 transport streams. Others here like Cypheros TS-Doctor. VideoReDo TV Suite has a joiner list for joining clips.

If you are seeing lines when playing interlaced video, either you don't have deinterlacing turned on or it doesn't work very well for your player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Many of the programs you mention don't use true interlace. They're telecined. usually_quiet is correct in that VLC doesn't deinterlace by default (use "Tools" -> "Preferences" -> "Video").

I had no luck with TSDoctor. Go with VideoReDo TV Suite.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I use VideoRedo TV Suite for editing out commercials from MPEG-2 and H.264 transport streams. Others here like Cypheros TS-Doctor. VideoReDo TV Suite has a joiner list for joining clips.

If you are seeing lines when playing interlaced video, either you don't have deinterlacing turned on or it doesn't work very well for your player.
    Usually_Quiet and LMotlow,
    So dude, for this setting, can you tell me what the best container and codec I have to use?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Container and codecs don't really matter. Just use a player that knows how to deinterlace. MPCHC, VLC, PotPlayer, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Container and codecs don't really matter. Just use a player that knows how to deinterlace. MPCHC, VLC, PotPlayer, etc.
    But Jagabo, what format uses less space file(more compress per quality) AVI, MKV or MP4?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by fael78rj View Post
    what format uses less space file(more compress per quality) AVI, MKV or MP4?
    The container doesn't make much difference. It's the codec that matters. h.265 currently offers the best quality at low bitrates. But it's very slow encoding, takes more power to decode, and many devices don't support it at this time. You should stick to h.264, aka AVC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Hey Dude, You are right brother, on VLC in menu 'video' / 'deinterlacing' option was off. I just turned 'automatic' option and works really fine. Thanks LMotlow.

So [Usually_quiet], I tried the VideoRedo and it just marvelous! Unfortunately I realized that I can do only one thing per time:
    1- first I have to trim the ads,
    2- second in the 'inApp' Joiner make the merge;
    3- and the third and last operation is save the video in MP4 (I will watch my TV series in my iPad too)

Exist another way to do a script or a list of operation to do all this and waiting watching another TV program? :P

Hey brother, really thanks for your patience and kindness.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no NLE which allows working with several files on a timeline and deals with transmission errors as well as VideoReDo TV Suite. However, you may benefit from changing your work flow within VideoReDo TV Suite.

Let's say you have a 2-part video...

Open part 1 in VideoReDo TV Suite. Make your edits to part 1, then instead of clicking "Save As" to apply them, click "Joiner", then click "Add Current Project to Joiner List".

Don't close VideoReDo TV Suite, just open part 2. If you like, save the project for part 1 when VideoReDo asks if you want to do that. (This just saves the list of edits, not the video. The project file for part 1 might come in handy if you find you need to change something later.) Make your edits to part 2, then instead of clicking "Save As" to apply them, click "Joiner", then click "Add Current Project to Joiner List". If you wish save the project for Part 2 just in case you find you need to change something later, click "File" and then "Save Project".

Click "Joiner" and then click "Create Video from Joiner List". After the "Save As" window appears click the "Save as Type" dropdown list and select "H.264 MP4 (*.mp4). Click "Profile Options" and set up cropping etc. if desired. Clicking "Advanced Options" provides access to the H.264 encoder settings. Close the "Advanced Options" and "Profile Options" windows. Enter the file name for the new file and then click "Save".

VideoReDo does have a batch mode, but I have never used it.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Oct 2015 at 00:03.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i use videoredo
    best program i have found for editing TS, mts, mpeg, fame accurate cutting, and you can join, the cut TS segments together
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no NLE which allows working with several files on a timeline and deals with transmission errors as well as VideoReDo TV Suite. However, you may benefit from changing your work flow within VideoReDo TV Suite.

Let's say you have a 2-part video...

Open part 1 in VideoReDo TV Suite. Make your edits to part 1, then instead of clicking "Save As" to apply them, click "Joiner", then click "Add Current Project to Joiner List".

VideoReDo does have a batch mode, but I have never used it.
    Yeah Dude!
    You are "The Guy"
    All my needs is fine now. The administrator can close the post now. This VideoReDo it's just awesome. Thanks for you tips usually_quiet. T
    Quote Quote