VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Not exactly breaking news, but it's not too late to start planning now. Mark your calendars for 2020.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/08/24/reference/japan-backs-next-generation-8k-t.../#.VhUmsROqpHw
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am waiting for 16K!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is not about waiting but about being ready. Your choice!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    UHD is more than sufficient for home use. 8K only makes sense for very large commercial displays (80 inches or larger).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't even own a Blu Ray player yet so I don't give a damn.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I don't have a 20 ft. screen, and I don't sit within 2 feet of my current monitor, so I don't give a damn either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    They even say in the release that it's really only good for pro/broadcast/cinema camera capture, VERY large screens, or for zooming in/cropping without visible pixillation.

Ho humm...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    99% of the people watching tv won't upgrade to 4k or even 8k since most of the older people don't even care if they watch sd quality on their hdtv.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    99% of the people watching tv won't upgrade to 4k or even 8k since most of the older people don't even care if they watch sd quality on their hdtv.
    Exactly.
    Only recently I finally found a vary rare music video.....in it's entirety....been waiting to see this one since the 1990's.
    It happens to be in very good quality(an added bonus), but for all these years I've just wanted to SEE IT. Just like movies and TV series....I just wanna see it because of the story or the actors involved.....even relatively new shows and movies.
    I can't tell you the last time I went to a movie theater....because "bigger and wider with 150 speakers" don't mean shit to me.
    I also suspect I am not alone in this thinking.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I don't have a 20 ft. screen, and I don't sit within 2 feet of my current monitor, so I don't give a damn either.
    I do sit about 2 feet from my main PC's monitor, but wouldn't get a UHD monitor at this point (let alone 8K) even if I had the money for one. A lot of Windows software isn't designed for upscaling to the degree required for legibility on a UHD monitor under 32 inches in size.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still in VHS-land.

Well, yes and no. It's just that I've prioritized this VHS->Digital project of mine so much in recent years to finally get it done, and as a result I've lost touch with the latest and greatest I have to admit.

I'm in no hurry actually, especially since my VHS captures, I will brag, do look quite nice, or at worst very decent, on the big screen.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!