VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

Is the people at MP4tools still around ? Unfortunately they made it so the registration code only works with name of the computer and i had forgot about it and changed it after doing a clean installs of El Captain, sent them an e-mail requesting a new code but no answer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by winterds View Post
    Is the people at MP4tools still around ?
    Last activity: 1st Jun 2012. I think you're out of luck here.

Originally Posted by winterds
    Unfortunately they made it so the registration code only works with name of the computer ...
    General Registration Information
    The applications use a very simplistic registration system. The original system was tied to individual computers, meaning applications would have to be registered for each computer it was used on, even if you were just upgrading your computer. As of version 3 for all applications, the registration code is based on the name of the original user account on your computer. This means that, assuming your account names are the same, your application will be transferable when you upgrade computers, or even if you have multiple computers. If you want to use the applications on computers that have a different user account name, then you will have to register again. That's not the best system in the world, [...]
    (emphasis mine)

... and i had forgot about it and changed it after doing a clean installs of El Captain ...
    Not sure if autocorrect can be blamed here

... sent them an e-mail requesting a new code but no answer.
    Ouch. I kinda doubt you will get an e-mail answer, as your action of choosing a new username is in conflict with the registration scheme that you agreed to. Unfortunate.

Any suggestions?
    Rename the original user account on your computer. That isn't easy, on purpose. The last time I tried that was in 2008, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger probably, using some 3rd party tool, which was risky anyway and which may no longer work with the current system. If all else fails, you may have to do another clean install of the OS, or choose to re-register the app.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, but they replied to my e-mail and sent me a new registration code.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by winterds View Post
    Thanks, but they replied to my e-mail and sent me a new registration code.
    That's awesome. Well done.
    Quote Quote