VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using jagabo's quick hack script for my VHS captures. Is it appropriate for these videos?

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/9qmy785k7txz6o4/G1994sample.avi
    http://www.mediafire.com/watch/86swixze6wvyira/G1991sample.avi
    http://www.mediafire.com/watch/cugl3wnxacm8n17/FEsample.avi

Code:
    AviSource() 
    ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)

ColorYUV(gamma_y=100, off_y=-16, cont_y=-20, cont_u=40, cont_v=40)
    ConvertToRGB(interlaced=true)
    RGBAdjust(r=0.90, b=1.1)
    ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)

Spline64Resize(width/2, height)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    Dehalo_alpha(rx=2, ry=1)
    TemporalDegrain(SAD1=200, SAD2=150, sigma=8)
    TurnRight().nnedi3(dh=true).TurnLeft()
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.0)
    Crop(8,8,-8,-8).AddBorders(8,8,8,8)

SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    I'm using jagabo's quick hack script for my VHS captures. Is it appropriate for these videos?
    No.

You cannot use the same script with the same filter settings for every video, especially analog video, and especially home-made analog video, and especially every changing camera shot in a home made analog video. Of course, you can try if you wish. Run the same script on your three samples and see what happens.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. The script I gave before was for an indoor shot with a lot of back lighting. The gamma adjustment was to bring out more detail in the darks. Those adjustments are completely in appropriate for the first clip (the only one I've looked at) which was shot in broad daylight.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The script I gave before was for an indoor shot with a lot of back lighting. The gamma adjustment was to bring out more detail in the darks. Those adjustments are completely in appropriate for the first clip (the only one I've looked at) which was shot in broad daylight.
    What adjustment needs to be made for videos shot outdoors in broad daylight and at night? Usually in one tape, there are indoor and outdoor scenes, dark and bright, is there a script that is balance enough for one whole tape? If not how do you tell avisynth to apply the filters on certain frames only?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    Usually in one tape, there are indoor and outdoor scenes, dark and bright, is there a script that is balance enough for one whole tape?
    There are things that might be done for the entire thing, yes. Noise removal, maybe, or some general levels/brightness/contrast/saturation work. But other things have to be tailored for specific scenes.
    If not how do you tell avisynth to apply the filters on certain frames only?
    You can do it using Trim statements. But if there's a lot of scene-specific filtering to be done, I much prefer using ReplaceFramesSimple, part of RemapFrames.

Such a script might go something like this:

A=Last
    B=A.Tweak(Bright=-2,Cont=1.12,Coring=False)
    ReplaceFramesSimple(A,B,Mappings="[1219 1508] [1675 1809] [2070 2363] [33134 33279] ")

where those numbers in brackets represent start and end frames for the filtering. There are more efficient ways to write it, but I do it that way.
    Last edited by manono; 4th Oct 2015 at 18:32.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Using Trim it would look something like this:

Code:
    AviSource()

part1 = Trim(0, 1218).FilterSequence()
    part2 = Trim(1219, 1508).DifferentFilterSequence()
    part3 = Trim(1509, 1674).AnotherFilterSequence()
    part4 = Trim(1675, 1809).Another()

part1 + part2 + part3 + part4 # append them all back together
    Quote Quote  
  7. testing. i get You have been blocked by our clever bot.
    Quote Quote