VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. am lookijng for either a free or reasonable (less than $50) way to convert my blurays to mkv, use handbrake to transcode and watch on ipad or apple tv. have been using makemkv but license ran out and it looks like site was taken down. Also have an older version of dvdfab that won't mount alot of newer blurays. just got latest dvdfab (9.2.1.5) and i see that the hd decrypter is free, so if i only want main movie from disc do i need to purchase a license for dvdfab (hd decrypter is free). If not can anyone reccomend software, looked at anydvd hd but the price seems high 79 euros (thats got to be more than $100)
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. will the vso software also do dvds?
    Quote Quote  
  4. No, for VSO, you would want http://www.vso-software.fr/products/dvd-converter/dvd-converter.php,

Or, for DVD use DVDFab Decrypter and convert with Handbrake.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The MakeMKV site has been down for about 24 hours now. I've seen this happen before and it seems that its always back up
    within a few days. Will post back if anything changes.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just checked and website is UP. www.makemkv.com

But the the user forum for the current beta key still appears to be down.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
    Quote Quote  
  7. makemkv is $50 for life, VSO bluray converter is $60 for life, $30 for 1 year, any suggestions? have used makemkv for a couple years now but willing to try something else if any one has positive reviews about another product. In 2 years have had about 5-10 blurays that makemkv could not handle (Decode?)
    Quote Quote