VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have successfully ripped a bluray folder to my computer hard drive and I had replaced one of the "m2ts file (size around 34 gb) in the BDMV folder with a smaller size 19gb m2ts file (Resolution: 1920X1080p) with the same file name and i had burned it a 25gb bluray disc. I had retained all other folders that contain in the original bluray disc (folders like Auxdata, Movieobject, Jar). The player can load the disc with BD-Java but the movie and all other features cannot play after the loading to the Main Menu. Is that any way to make it work. I do not want to use BD-Rebuilder or other similar software since i need to re-encode the video for so many hours and result is not good at all. I had tried BDEdit to load the BDMV folder but I just do not know how to use it. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Lee
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What you did wrong was replacing the m2ts file and it screwed up the blu-ray since it didn't match the file system in size,you need to author all the files the proper way and replace the m2ts file in the authoring stage,you can't just replace files the way you did.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, May I know how to correct it?
    Do i have to use BDEDIT ?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It or something much like it, YES, you have to. And depending upon how you arrived at your present M2TS, you might still have to reencode (if it isn't proper BD-compliant). If you want it to play in a regular BD player.

Scott
    Quote Quote