VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On my Win XP SP3 I have used the expired DVDFab 8.1.8.5 that defaults to using the non-expiring DVDFab decrypter in full disc mode to store all movies to hard drive. I would like to redo all movies to a new hard drive while reducing to main movie only.

Since they are already decrypted, what would be the best tool to use?

I have confirmed that I can run expired DVDFab 8.1.8.5 and select a full disc movie on the hard drive for the source, and then select movie only for output to the new hard drive. I get the message it will use decrypter instead and then it proceeds to create the main movie only on the new drive perfectly.

since there are over 100 movies I would like to automate this process with a batch file instead of one movie at a time.

I have a old Patriot Box with USB that I use to watch the VOB movies on the USB hard drive. Here are my questions, and thank you for any help anyone can provide:

1. Since most newer media players don't support VOB files, what would be the best format to use?
    NOTE: I have seen mention of simply renaming files but have not tried, and if doing so will the movie still play complete if not in single file?

2. Is there a tool that would be better than DVDFab decrypter to redo for main movie only since movies are already decrypted?

3. Can command line / batch file be used for expired DVDFab 8.1.8.5 to use the non-expiring DVDFab decrypter?

Thanks for any help!

rtholder
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDshrink: opens (decrypted) ISOs and can re-author to movie only.

And/or you could extract and remux to simple MPEG (PS) container using DVDDecrypter or VOB2MPG.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Scott,
    I did try DVD Shrink but it does not support output to hard drive, and no command line support. Using DVDFab decrypter works perfectly, just have to do one at a time for now....
    rtholder
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rtholder View Post
    Thanks Scott,
    I did try DVD Shrink but it does not support output to hard drive
    What?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    Thanks hech54 for questioning my post. I went back and was finally able to find the right settings to get DVD Shrink 3.2 to output movie only with no compression to hard drive.

But I had to redo all the setting I wanted for each movie using DVD Shrink. I only thing I had to change was the source folder using DVDFab for each movie. So DVDFab is much simpler.

Looking for DVDFab batch scripts for main movie only to use hard drive instead of DVD disc for source and output.

Will be using DVDFab 6.1.2.5

Thanks
    rtholder
    Quote Quote