VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I have a trial for another month for Bell Fibe's Video-on-demand service and their Kids Suite VOD channel. The Kids Suite has all the episodes of this show I watched as a kid called The Edison Twins. I would like to grab these before by trial with the channel runs out.

I don't have any video capture cards or anything of the sort, but I can access my TV service through a web browser, including the VOD channels. The videos run through Silverlight. Looking at the source code for the page playing an episode, I found the URL for the video and downloaded a 225MB wmv file. However, I cannot play it no matter what I use. Windows Media Player says one or more codecs are missing. VLC gives me:

Code:
    Codec not supported:
     VLC could not decode the format "PRDY" (No description for this codec)
     Unidentified codec:
     VLC could not identify the audio or video codec.
    FreeMe2 tells me that the files I downloaded don't seem to be protected. MediaInfo tells me the video codec is PRDY and the audio codec is 5052. I tried using ismdownloader to try to capture watchable versions, but the site does not use ISMV. Is there another method to grab these? Or a method to take the wmv files I already downloaded and make them useful?

2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not ask for help on downloading videos from that services that require paid subscription even for trial periods,it's against forum rules,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.