I want to watch videos fullscreen on MPC, with original aspect ratio. That's it, but something so trivial seems to have no solution on my end. I've recorded a small session as a video in which you can see what I mean: https://mega.nz/#!PFkFRQrb!BOaIPc3lxFaHYIMeO5rZHN-jfwOxJPogv6FIjxc0Ntg
Explaining the video:
1. As far as I know, MPC should do what I want with the option "Touch Window from Inside" but the behavior encountered here is that the smaller the window size is, the more it zooms into the picture when I'm in full screen.
2. "Zoom 1" seems to fix the issue, but then again it's a zoom and I don't want to miss a single pixel of the picture when I look at it. The other options behave similarly ("Zoom 2" works like 1, and "Touch Window from Outside" is similar to Inside, and the rest don't offer a fullscreen experience).
3. Eventually I change to a second video, using the same option that caused problems on the first one, and it works fine for a couple of fullscreens (which is how I've been seeing films lately, just randomly hoping it works), but then it happens again, out of nowhere.
Extra - probably not related, but you can see that once I reduce the screen size to the minimum, the program crashes.
Points of interest:
1. Yes, this is Windows, 8. It's heavily modded with AHK scripts (at display here: positioning the MPC window at a certain size and place when it opens, and Linux-like windows moving with Alt+Mouse) and a different UI (LiteStep). I've thought about it, but none of these modifications should pose a threat to how MPC works (in fact, normally I use a custom window border and a different theme, but I reverted back to basics for the sake of the video, and the problem persists).
2. I am running MPC-BE, which is why it looks different from MPC-HC. I only got it because of the appearance, but I do wonder if it may be causing the problem.
3. Also running madVR and LavFilters, but then again I don't know if that has any effect on this, though I doubt it as I've used those with both PotPlayer and years ago with MPC-HC/BE, and there never was an issue.
4. Both MPC and madVR are 64bits.
Hope someone knows what's up, because I've googled and nothing comes out.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Last edited by firewater; 23rd Sep 2015 at 20:10.
[Never mind. Too much going on elsewhere].- My sister Ann's brother
video is enlarged (keeping aspect ratio) until it touches the window borders, either top/bottom or left/right
I don't want the video to be its original size, because I watch a lot of content which is of lower resolution than my monitor (meaning it would just be a small video at the center of the screen), or higher (meaning I would miss the parts that don't fit into the monitor). I want it to fill my screen size (like stretch does) while retaining aspect ratio.
In your video the first switch from windowed to full screen appears to work as you expect, the picture fills the screen and nothing is cropped. Then you go back to a window, reduce its size, and go full screen again. At that point it appears the video is over-zoomed and the edges are cropped. I can't reproduce that problem with MHCHC. So it must be a problem with MPCBE, or the combination of MPCBE + LAV + MadVR.
Alright so it is abnormal behavior then... well it probably is BE, I'll have to switch back I guess.