VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

Hope I'm posting in the right section, sorry if not.

I'm looking for some advice on setting up live streaming, I have a varied knowledge of networking (work for local ISP), however I know very well that little knowledge in a desired field can often be more harmful than no knowledge at all, that being said, I've never done this before.

I am helping out a local rugby team; we want to be able to stream from an away clubhouse (e.g. Plymouth), and have the stream playing in the home clubhouse (Hull). This obviously involves a camera, which we have; micro HDMI output. We have plenty of bandwidth at the home club house (100mb FTTB) Cat5 RJ45 to all required devices for the streaming, I wouldn't want it any other way. The away club house may vary but I would expect the same facilities.

I have spotted this product, assuming it's necessary?

I would really like some advice on how to get the encoder streaming onto a server than can be accessed via a URL, YouTube seemed like an option but it's not private, we really want the viewers to only be able to view the stream at the club, not from their homes!

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Josh
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One thread is enough, https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/374160-Live-Streaming-Point-to-Point?p=2410418#post2410418 (I have deleted it)

BUt I don't think you will find any help here. We usually just record streaming video.... . You could try http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Apologies, I thought I would try a different section.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote