VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys.

I want to make alpha video (alpha channel) we know that AFX users using this kind of options to export the logo as alpha channel
    so I want to do that by using Avs , I have ass file and I want to encode as alpha channel/ RGB32

I tried a lot of things but I didn't get the result that I want !_!

I used this code to make alpha channel video (Dummy) with ass file

Code:
    FFVideoSource("C:\Users\X\Desktop\Python\dra.mkv", colorspace = "RGB32").showalpha().TextSub("Dra.ass")

I used BlankClip() also , so I encode the dummy video by Lagarith Lossless Codec" with RGB & RGBA mode

but, when I imported alpha video in AvsPmod the text not appearing when I encode With RBGA Mode, but with RGB Mode
    only alfa_2 video appearing with white background!!

this my code :
    Code:
    A = avisource("C:\Users\X\Desktop\New folder (2)\vid.avi")
    V =  avisource("C:\Users\X\Desktop\New folder (2)\alfa_2.avi")
    insertsign(A, V, 0,0 )
    same thing happened with I used (Overlay(A,V, mask =V, mode = "blend" , opacity = 1.0))
    so I want to know, is there something missing, or I did wrong?!
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is "dra.mkv" ?

If you have an .ass subtitle , that you want to overlay, why don't you just use Textsub() directly on the other video ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What is "dra.mkv" ?

If you have an .ass subtitle , that you want to overlay, why don't you just use Textsub() directly on the other video ?
    actually its just OP song I just imported op video (dra.mkv) to get the resolution etc..
    it's just an option I used BlankClip also

BlankClip(length = 2109, width = 1280, height = 720, fps = 23.976, pixel_type ="RGB32" )
    actually this just a test, I tried to do something different, because I made Fxs for text by using AVS .
    so I import the FX.avs script to make alpha channel video, to blend alpha video with other one
    but in this case I used text jut for testing, someone told me it will work , but I don't know actually.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can you describe more clearly what you want to do ? Describe it in plain words, not avisynth

Did you want the subs on a transparent background ? For use in another program ? Because it would be easier to use TextSub() directly

The main problem is you are starting with a non transparent video. Blankclip() video is black. Not transparent. When you use showalpha() it will become white (the A is 100% white in an blank video)

Or am I completely wrong in trying to guess what you want to do ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. this text Fx by using Avs script

I want to make alpha channel for this Fx to blend it with "X" video like AFX users doing they are exports their works (log or karaoke etc) as alpha channel video

this my script to import Text Fx

Code:
    Import("C:\Users\X\Desktop\Python\movlay.avsi") ### function to make Fx for text by 
    Import("C:\Users\X\Desktop\Python\OP_FX.avs")  ## make mask for ass file "Texts" 
    V = FFVideoSource("C:\Users\X\Desktop\Python\dra.mkv",colorspace = "RGB32") 
    FXMove(V,0)
    as u see I'm trying to encode this Fx with alpha channel that's why I used "Lagarith Lossless Codec" RGB mod
    but when I used AvsPmood it shows that video isn't alpha -_-"

so I encode this Fx with black dummy video

Code:
    Import("C:\Users\X\Desktop\Python\movlay.avsi")
    Import("C:\Users\X\DesktopPython\OP_FX.avs")
    V= BlankClip(length = 2109, width = 1280, height = 720, fps = 23.976, pixel_type ="RGB32" )
    FXMove(V,0)
    then I used Overlay filter to blend (dummy video & TEXT Fx = alfa_4) with "vide.avi"

Code:
    A = avisource("C:\Users\X\Desktop\New folder (2)\vid.avi",pixel_type = "RGB32")
    V =  avisource("C:\Users\X\Desktop\New folder (2)\alfa_4.avi", pixel_type = "RGB32") ##.Levels(0,1.4,255,8,248)
    ## m = insertsign(A, V, 0,0)
    Overlay(A,V, mask =V, mode = "blend" , opacity = 1.0 , output = "RGB32")
    but unfortunately there's a black border around

it should be like this

Quote Quote  
  6. It's ok now, I found another method

Thnax =)
    Quote Quote