VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having some issues with audio/video sync'ing.

If you go here (http://tinyurl.com/q8s6gm7) you can see an example of what I'm talking about.

The volume is really low, but at this (http://prntscr.com/8h8qcs) particular spot in the recording (about the :10 second mark) the issue is very apparent, even with the low volume.

All I did was reduce the volume on the video to zero, and I added the same video as a music track.
    The first part of the video is sync'd pretty well, but as the video progresses it gets noticeably worse.

As you can see, even at the part that I pointed out, the audio indicators are pretty much in-sync, which has me baffled as to why this is happening.

Any ideas as to why this is happening or (more importantly) how I can fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you open the posted file in MediaInfo, you will see that the video length is 19s 500ms.
    The audio length is 19s 598ms.

It appears the audio and video are different lengths, so you would have sync issues with the sync error gradually getting worse.

The video rate is variable and the audio rate is constant and that may be part of the problem.

But others here may have some better information.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for that info. How would you suggest I go about getting them both to be exactly the same length?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your issue isn't simply one of getting the lengths to match -- you're off by less than a 10th of a second. With variable framerate video -- especially streaming variable framerate video -- the start and stop hiccups are inconsistent and unpredictable. Your video actually seems to do a pretty good job of catching up.

The best tool I've found for maintaining sync when possible in this situation is TMPGenc Video Mastering works. There's a 30 day free trial, but my guess is it's not going to look any better than it does now.
    Last edited by smrpix; 17th Sep 2015 at 09:13.
    Quote Quote