VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used WinxDVD to rip DVD’s and convert to mp4 files , then moved these files to Samsung kids Tab3 device. Everything works great, except the thumbnail for the mp4 file. The thumbnail of the files are usually the first frame, and most of the time are not clear.

I was able to find couple of ways to change the thumbnail on the mp4 files on my PC, but once i copy them to the Tab device, it goes back and show the 1st frame.

I have made about 10 of theses mp4 movies, that I like to change the thumbnail and they show on the device.
    If have encounter this issue, and found a work around, please share.

I tired several metatag apps, and methods, they do the job on the PC, but when the file is moved to the android device, it defaults back to the first frame.

The other question, any good DVD ripper allows me to insert image file, this will resolve the issue going forward.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would guess the samsung only can show the first frame.

Nope, I have not seen anything simple that can insert a first frame.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC 2.06 does now show Thumbnails in Android.And the best app to add Thumbnail to video files is iTunes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    on the tablet
    delete the videos, using the tablet file manager
    or using the PC find and delete the cache links that are the displayed icons

then load the new files to the tablet
    this might allow the tablet to find your NEW images, for the file display
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We are talking about two different things, from my original post "I was able to find couple of ways to change the thumbnail on the mp4 files on my PC, but once i copy them to the Tab device, it goes back and show the 1st frame."

The situation was, my 5 years has some favorite DVD's that I wanted to load for him on my Android Tablet. After I ripped the DVD, the mp4 video files had a funky Thumbnails, he wasn't able to tell which movie he is selecting. Most if not all Android Video Player apps, do not display modified Thumbnail.

I was able to install nice Thumbnails on these mp4 video files, but when i open them up in the Tablet, the Thumbnails did'nt display, it will only show the first frame, and It has nothing to do with cache. I tried so many Android video players apps, only the VLC 2.0.6 did it, but its picky, the frame pixel(size) ratio need to be about 1:1.65 Vertical:Horizonta in jpeg format.

I used MS Paint to resize all downloaded photos(Thumbnails), saved in jpeg format, and then loaded the mp4 video files to iTunes. I found it very easy to add the Thumbnails, once you do that, the file will show the new loaded Thumbnail in any software you open on your PC but not on Android.

The problem was, once I copy these files to Tablet, Andriod Apps were not able to display the Thumbnials, but with the VLC 2.0.6, its possible now, and it displays the Thumbnail very nicely, the only slight downfall, it has a noticeable lag when scrolling up and down.

I am certain there are many other ways to achieve the same goal, but for me, i didn't have to download any softwares other than my already installed MS Paint, and iTunes, , and I found to be fairly easy to.
    Quote Quote