VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I have encoded film with AviSynth script using x264 command line, but now the audio and subtitles are getting out of sync by a bit (lenght of audio - 8514016ms, lenght of new video - 8513960).

Now, I could fix it easily with just using the MKV stretch feature, but I need to burn this to the Bluray disc. How should I get these back in sync with video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What was the length of the source video? There's no guarantee the video and audio were exactly the same duration to begin with.
    The difference in your example is 56ms, which isn't much more than the duration of a single video frame. It could also be caused by encoder padding being added to the beginning of the audio. Did you re-encode the audio?

56ms probably isn't enough to cause a noticeable desync, so is this desync something you can see/hear, or are you assuming there's a sync issue based on the durations?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The length of the audio and video don't necessarily matter. They don't need to be the same. In what way is the sync off? If it's off by the same amount all the way through the movie all you need to do is add an audio delay or advance when you mux.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I think it's off by the same amount all the way through. I did AssumeFPS(25) at the end of the AviSynth script to make rendered file matches the length and frames of source, but it didn't help.

Is there any way to get it back in sync, without converting the audio? And what about the subtitles? I want to burn it on Bluray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Colek View Post
    I think it's off by the same amount all the way through.
    Then just set the audio delay/advance when you mux. If your source has an audio delay -- try using the same delay. If that doesn't work: many players have the ability to delay the audio in ~10 ms increments. Use that to get figure out how much delay you need, then mux with that delay. You can adjust subtitle delay with a subtitle editor like Subtitle Workshop.

Another way, if you want to re-encode the video, is to remove or add frames to the start of the video. If you do it this way you won't need to adjust the subs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi, I'm new on this forum and I don't know if I have to put here my question, I'd like to know please and it's a urgent question, if it is possible to put inside Visual Sub Sync a difference of 2 frame between the timecode out of a subtitle and the timecode in of another. In simpler words, between the beginning of the following subtitle and the finish of the previous it must be a time and visual difference of 2 frame. I really need to know this thing! My boss uses a Mac, I've got a Windows so I can't use his programme, so I can use visual sub sync but I need to put this option of frames, the same he has. I thank you in advance!!
    Quote Quote