VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all. I've been adding subtitles to videos for years, so I know a little bit about stuff. I am using Aviaddxsubs 9.15 and I get subtitles that appear in the center of videos. They look fine when I play them on my computer, they're positioned on the bottom. But when playing them on the PS3 they are in the dead center of the video. I never updated Aviaddxsubs, so I don't think it's that. It must be the 1080 format. I tried changing the program settings to 1080p subtitle bitmaps but it made no difference. Also tried setting the vertical position to 0.
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is it just 1080p video that looks like that?

Maybe try make a .m2ts with subtitles using bdtoavchd, tsmuxer. But it wont work if you just have avi divx/xvid files....
    Quote Quote  
  3. i don't know but i just tried a different method and i used any video converter to convert several videos to avis. for some reason, two of the videos are bugged, when i play them in the PS3, the subtitles don't show up. one is 1080p, the other is 808. i'm not even sure if it's about dimensions at this point.

is the PS3 capable of playing .m2ts files? just seems like a lot of work to use those two programs you recommended and having to re-convert and re-encode. why is video encoding so frustrating?
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Because the PS3 is not a good media player....have you consider streaming to it instead? With Universal Media Server or PS3 Media server.
    Quote Quote