VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought a sony editing kit today. It icluded a pinical capture card and studioDV...

I want to be able to tape my son's baseball games then save them as a high quality mpeg, then burn them as VCD's.. To save for future use...

What settings does anyone offer for studio dv? I can either save it as an AVI at 720x480 or as an mpeg and with the vcd setting at 352x240 (this seems to be the highest setting for the mpeg).

Which would one recomend? saving it as a AVI then converting it to a mpeg with TMPEG to then burn as a VCD????

I tried to save it as a mpeg today just using the DV software NO tmpeg editing at all. The final result wasn't too too bad but there was noise around the objects in the final project..

Any one have any suggestions. I know that this is most likely been asked a million times.LOL.. I am sorry for that. I used the search and am reading different suggestions.... Anyone have any SOLID ones at all???

Thanks

Spannkey

HP 520N
    1.3 celeron
    512 megs ram
    Ati Radeon 32 SDR
    Sony TRV-140 Digital8
    Pinical capture card
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would recommend capturing in AVI at the highest resolution your pc and card are capable of (i.e. make sure you are not losing frames - that may well happen if your pc is not powerful enough or your hard disk too slow), then using a stand-alone encoder Like Panasonic Encoder, TMPGEnc, bbmpeg, Xing encoder or CCE to convert the resulting video to MPEG.

You will find that it cuts down on the number of artefacts on your MPEG. However, in cases where there s fast movement or very dark backgrounds, blockishness cannot be avoided as it is a by-product of the MPEG specifications...
    Quote Quote  
  3. listen to Aguillon-
    capture as a 720x480 AVI, then use the VCD template in TMPGenc to encode into VCD format...try some tests and you will probably find better results using this approach...have fun
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys,

That was kinda what I thought also. I just wasn't 100% sure... Have a great day...

Spank....
    Quote Quote