VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I am having problem with x264vfw. I am trying to encode my .avs script and make it ready to put on Bluray disc, so I wanted to use x264vfw obviously. But with both VirtualDub and avs2avi it gives me either error, crash or 10KB output file. Everything works when I try to do it in Lagarith, decompressed or H.264 in Avanti.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Error ... which error exactly?

10 KB result ... possibly fine if you only ran a 1st pass of 2 passes.

Apart from that: Complete options set? AviSynth script? Any details specific for this issue?

By the way, VirtualDub 1.10+ supports external encoders too, it can pipe raw video streams to an x264.exe just like any dedicated converter using AviSynth and x264 as EXE (like StaxRip, MeGUI, etc.); x264vfw is a legacy solution for very "conservative" users, almost obsolete IMHO.

The 32-bit x264.exe (or avs4x26x feeding a 64-bit x264.exe) can read AviSynth scripts directly, anyway. Using avs2avi with a detour via VfW is hardly an efficient CLI workflow, especially if the result should not be an AVI anyway, but rather an MP4 (or MKV).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your help. I just went through and used the command line x264 to render what I wanted.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Colek View Post
    II am trying to encode my .avs script and make it ready to put on Bluray disc, so I wanted to use x264vfw obviously.
    Obviously? Not so obvious. BluRay is encoded with h264, MPEG, and VC-1.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote