VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm just curious why some DVDs causes my DVD drive to sorta take "short pauses" while copying to ISO in DVD Decrypter? It's like the buffer is at 100%, then all of a sudden it drops to 0% and the drive just stops for a few seconds, then it speeds back up and buffer is at 100% again. This sometimes happens just once and other times it keeps on doing it about every 30-60 seconds throughout the entire copying session. The operation finishes without any errors and the discs that are being copied are scratch free. I know it's not my DVD drive because this happens on both my laptop and computer and the one in the desktop was just replaced.

PS: Also I wonder why some discs make the drive sound like a helicopter taking off? Like RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR real loud. Discs that do this I MUST copy on my laptop because if I put them in the desktop the helicopter sound is twice as loud like a pneumatic hammer and it couldn't be good for the DVD-drive...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use ImgBurn and burn at half of the rated disc burning speed. Set in manually.
    OR....get better blanks.
    Quote Quote