VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Or at least that's what it seems.
    I've used AVS2DVD successfully for a couple of years although I have to admit to not understanding much about what is, to me, a very complex program so please go easy on me - I'm nearly 70! Since going from W7 - W8.1 all's well but on W10 it ain't. I was using the version dated last June (not at PC with installation right now). First symptoms were with audio sync, then with Sts. I uninstalled and reinstalled latest version plus ditto for KLite basic codec pack.Now application is very faulty, sometimes going into a hung condition. Symptoms are: right hand icons greyed out initially except for top + icon. Cannot see existing project files when selecting "open". Sometimes (?) cannot drag video file (MKV) to project window. When I can it identifies a ST file as present but there is no way to confirm that this is the correct file, just X to dismiss the dialog. Now r/h icons are visible but previewing the project there is no audio and/or no subtitles.
    De-installed, re-installed: same.
    De-installed, re-installed old version (June 2015): same.

For the last couple of years I've almost run the program on defaults apart from changing paths etc. Now neither version will run successfully. I've spent several hours trying varying combinations of attempted fixes - changing settings back and forth but NFG.

Any suggestions? I use this application to make DVDs for elderly people who have barely got to the DVD stage...
    Thanks
    Roy
    Last edited by Skridlov_R; 5th Sep 2015 at 11:19. Reason: TITLE refers to AVS2DVD (not editable?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a recent topic on here about some issues with avstodvd and Windows 10. Worth reading that and the avstodvd support thread.

I would also edit your topic header to include the word 'avstodvd' then the program author is more likely to find this topic as well.

Any version of Klite codec pack is bad news. You certainly do not need this for avstodvd and for other uses just get the codecs you want and not a whole pile of stuff which is guaranteed at some time to screw up your system - maybe you just found that out.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. I took a look at this thread but am deterred by the sheer complexity.
    Not to be obtuse, however the entire installation - ie including IMGBurn & the KLite codec pack, which I originally installed as advised to facilitate JetAudio worked absolutely fine under W7 and 8.1. To me this means the problem's caused by changes in W10. I would have thought that the program's authors would be well served to diagnose the mechanisms since, like it or not, Win 10 isn't going away.
    But I'll remove KLite and try again as a first step.
    Roy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I meant this topic:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/373476-AVStoDVD-Anyone-having-trouble-after-upgrade...to-Windows-10?

You will read that the topic author is having some issues but another respondant has used the program successfully with Win 10.

The problem is that no two users systems are identical. No program can provide for all the variations but no point complicating the issue with codec packs.

No responsible user on these forums would recco you use them.
    Last edited by DB83; 5th Sep 2015 at 12:10. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ........................... No responsible user on these forums would recco you use them.
    And the word to learn today is ------ recco
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Which means that if you do not 'recco' you do not have to 'mend' anything
    Quote Quote  
  7. @Skridlov_R

first of all, uninstall every codecs pack you have installed (i.e. K-Lite), as DB83 has correcly suggested. Than make sure you are using AVStoDVD 2.8.2 release, Installer package which is equipped with LAV Filters. Make sure you have installed LAV Filters as well. Follow the instructions from AVStoDVD Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.1 to check the proper codecs configuration.

Post here the project log file if you still have issues.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Codec packs are almost always the problem, you really only need LAV filters, I have AVS2DVD working perfectly on 2 Windows 10 computers.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote