VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi,

I know that x86 Staxrip is no longer being supported. I also know that QTGMC will not work with the 64-bit version of Staxrip, but that it will work with VapourSynth (apparently).

I have downloaded all QTGMC files/plugins from http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC.

I have placed all files in the correct folders/directories as per the "where do I put these files" notepad instruction included in the above link.

My question is:

How do I set up a filter or integrate QTGMC as the de-interlacer in Staxrip (preferably on the older x86 version, or via VapourSynth in the newer x64 version?)

I know it can be done, because I've seen other guys on various forums with it integrated - as per photo attached.

I'd appreciate if someone could post instruction to help out? (I have Googled for hours trying to find out how, but I haven't found anything that was a comprehensive step-by-step guide to doing it. i.e. for someone who is not an IT Professional or writes coding.Click image for larger version

Name:	rARJq6U.png
Views:	615
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	33453)

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Some people in the AviSynth+ thread (at doom9) examined the slow down issue, they found the commit causing the problem and posted a build without this commit, the latest StaxRip build has this AviSynth build included, this means QTGMC probably work under AviSynth+ x64 now too, the latest unofficial StaxRip build can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0jakce45o99kb/StaxRip

For QTGMC under VapourSynth StaxRip has all plugins included.

If you cannot find the necessary plugins for AviSynth+ I can help you with it, adding a filter profile in StaxRip can be done with the filter profiles editor found in the context menu.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ahhhhh... not too hard when you know how.
    This is using the 32 bit version but I assume the 64 bit version works in a similar way?

Right click on the filters list and select profiles.
    In the window that opens, I added this to the end of the "Field" section.

Advanced | QTGMC = QTGMC()

Now QTGMC appears under "Advanced" after right clicking on the"Field" filter.

To load the required plugins, assuming they're not in the Avisynth auto-loading plugins folder, would something like this be the easiest way to do it?

Advanced | QTGMC = LoadPlugin("E:\Plugins\plugin1.dll")%newline%LoadP lugin("E:\Plugins\plugin2.dll")%newline%QTGMC()
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @hello_hello

thanks, there was one change made to make it easier to add multi-line profiles, the %newline% macro was removed in favor of a multi-line syntax, it looks now like so:

Code:
    Advanced | QTGMC =
        LoadPlugin("E:\Plugins\plugin1.dll")
        LoadPlugin("E:\Plugins\plugin2.dll")
        QTGMC()
    Quick access to the auto load directory is at main menu > Tools > Directory > Plugins, this works now also for VapourSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Cheers.

For the moment, The.King said he's gone back to 32 bit StaxRip, but maybe he'll try the 64 bit version again once he's familiar with using QTGMC (he's already familiar with 32 bit StaxRip). One thing at a time, I guess.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/373759-Handbreak-eh-hello?p=2408325&viewfull=1#post2408325

So to clarify, if he goes back to having 32 bit Avisynth installed, he needs to add the following under the Field section in StaxRip's profiles editor once all the QTGMC required plugins are copied to the Avisynth plugins folder.

stax76,
    You might be able to answer this question. I was thinking about it due to the discussion in the other thread.
    Say I run a 64 bit version of Windows. I install 32 bit MeGUI which uses a portable version of 32 bit Avisynth+.
    I install StaxRip 64 bit and a 64 bit version of Avisynth. Can the two versions of Avisynth co-exist?

Not having used a 64 bit version of Avisynth I'm not sure if there can be two auto-loading plugin folders in the registry. One for 32 bit Avisynth and one for the 64 bit version. Do you know?
    Assuming there can only be one auto-loading plugins folder in the registry, obviously they can't share it so you couldn't use it, but would there be any reason why the installed 64 bit version of Avisynth couldn't load 64 bit plugins in scripts, while the 32 bit Avisynth loaded 32 bit plugins in scripts? Could the two versions co-exist okay?

Thanks.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 5th Sep 2015 at 11:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm rather sure that AviSynth+ was designed supporting co-existence so yes, it should work fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Assuming there can only be one auto-loading plugins folder in the registry, obviously they can't share it so you couldn't use it, but would there be any reason why the installed 64 bit version of Avisynth couldn't load 64 bit plugins in scripts, while the 32 bit Avisynth loaded 32 bit plugins in scripts? Could the two versions co-exist okay?
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    I'm rather sure that AviSynth+ was designed supporting co-existence so yes, it should work fine.
    Thanks to you both for replying to the thread. As soon as I find where the latest version of QTGMC plugins are (i.e. I got mine from here which started back in 2010 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156028) I'll be giving this a shot and hopefully won't blow anything up.

Regarding the quotes above (and with my very limited knowledge ) I can confirm that both x64 & x86 Avisynths co-existed on my machine without issue and I was able to load both x86 & x64 versions of Staxrip (at separate times) and test a short encode without a problem. Hope this helps.

Again, thanks to all for the input & support.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks. I'm still running XP but I've been planning to build a new PC since Skylake was released and run 64 bit Windows, and as soon as I do I'll play with the new version of StaxRio.

I googled around and found there's a reasonable amount of info regarding Avisynth+ and auto-load directories on the Avisynth+ site.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B#AviSynth.2B.27s_Plugin_Autoloader

First though..... contrary to everything I've read to date, this post seems to indicate the 64 bit version of Avisynth+ is also capable of loading 32 bit plugins. Can you confirm that or am I reading it the wrong way? If it's true, I'd imagine that'd solve a lot of compatibility issues and remove a barrier to upgrading to 64 bit Avisynth.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1712979#post1712979

For the compatibility part, and for the moment I'm assuming 64 Bit Avisynth+ uses the same directories as the 32 bit version (can you confirm that?) it seems Avisynth+ uses the following four registry entries in order to find the plugin folders.

- PluginDir+ in Software/Avisynth in HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    - PluginDir+ in Software/Avisynth in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    - PluginDir2_5 in Software/Avisynth in HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    - PluginDir2_5 in Software/Avisynth in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

The first two being it's own autoload directories, and the second two being the classic Avisynth plugin directories.
    It seems Avisynth+ scans the first directory, loads the plugins it finds, then scans the next one. If plugins with the same name as ones that have already been loaded are found, they're ignored and the rest are loaded, then it repeats the process for the next folder.

The original Avisynth only loads plugins from a single folder. If it finds the HKEY_CURRENT_USER entry it looks for the folder, loads any plugins inside then stops. It only checks the folder specified in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE if the first registry entry doesn't exist.

The intent seems to be to put newer versions of plugins in the PluginDir+ folders if they don't work with Avisynth, while leaving older versions in the PluginDir2_5 folder for Avisynth to load. Whether that extends to allowing a mixture of 64 bit and 32 bit plugins when using the 64bit version of Avisynth+, I'm not sure. Is the StaxRip method of quick access to the auto-load directory only aware of the Avisynth plugins folder?

Avisynth+ also allows you to specify an autoload in a script (much better than having to load a folder of plugins individually), as well as being able to tell it to ignore the usual auto-load folders etc.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B#Examples

I'll have to stop procrastinating and build a PC so I can experiment with this stuff myself.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @The.King

Here is an older build which has the plugins included:

http://code.fosshub.com/StaxRip/download/StaxRip_x64_1.3.1.3_beta.7z

If I remember right then you need masktools2, mvtools2, nnedi3 and rgtools.

@hello_hello

I don't know much about auto loading since StaxRip uses manual loading. It should not be possible to mix x64 with x86.

Good luck with the new PC, I've recently built a PC with Skylake and had a big problem, there was a tiny piece of transparent plastic foil on the CPU socket causing the motherboard not to work, caused me a lot headache until I saw it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    this post seems to indicate the 64 bit version of Avisynth+ is also capable of loading 32 bit plugins. Can you confirm that or am I reading it the wrong way?
    All that I meant was - I had both versions of Staxrip on my rig (at one point before I removed the x64 version) and when I ran the x64 version, everything loaded without issue and I could encode away - (I assume with the plugins the x64 version came with.)

Similarly, when I ran the x86 Staxrip on my rig, everything loaded without issue and I could encode away - (I assume with the plugins the x86 version came with.)

I have no idea if the x64 version is capable of running/loading x86 plugins, because I never mixed the two. The x64 version was sitting in my 'Program files' folder, and the x86 version was sitting in my 'Program Files (x86)' folder. Hope this clears my bit up?

Similarly - best of luck with the new build. I built my own PC two years ago - I swore I'd never do it again. (I recall issues with the MB and the heatsink)

Thanks. I tried this link but I get nothing? I have an account there, but after clicking you link, it automatically loads just http://code.fosshub.com/ and nothing else???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For the moment, The.King said he's gone back to 32 bit.

So to clarify, he needs to add the following under the Field section in StaxRip's profiles editor once all the QTGMC required plugins are copied to the Avisynth plugins folder.

Is that all I have to do? I don't need to write any brain melting script to load the QTGMC plugin or anything? I assume that Staxrip x86 will just find the QTGMC plugin in C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins and work away unaided??

Update:
    1. I uninstalled all previous versions of Staxrip. There is nothing on my rig.
    2. I uninstalled all Avisynth. It is now as though I have never had Avisynth on my rig.
    3. I downloaded the version of Staxrip mentioned below. It's an x86 version of it.
    4. I downloaded the 2.6 version of Avisynth (x86)
    5. I downloaded the QTGMC zip files you uploaded for me and copied all files to C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins as your other post suggested.
    6. I opened Staxrip & loaded an mkv source. (really a .vob file made with 'makemkv'.)
    7. After reading the source, I get the following error message from Staxrip now: "Failed to open source. AVIFileGetStream failed." ???

Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error message when I've never seen it before and when I've followed all instructions above & in other posts?

The only 'unusual' thing I found was - when I opened Staxrip initially, I got a message to say that the copy of Avisynth (2.6) was a different version to the one Staxrip required (originally 2.5) and gave me an option to continue or not. I continued and it indexed the file, but then threw up the error at the end?

Also, can someone please confirm that StaxRip_1.2.2.0.7z 2015-03-19 59.8MB is the latest build of a stable version of Staxrip x86? I've seen one or two others, but they were all beta. (And I'm steering clear of x64 Staxrip for now, because of the whole QTGMC thing.)

Thanks.
    Last edited by The.King; 7th Sep 2015 at 04:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Forget my previous post in relation to the latest stable build of Staxrip x86. I just downloaded the 1.2.2.0 version, unpacked it with 7z and installed it, but on first run - I now get this error...
    "Files included with StaxRip are missing, maybe the 7-Zip archive wasn't properly unpacked. You can find a packer at "http://www.7-zip.org">www.7-zip.org."

Beginning to think I should have left 'well' alone and kept my 1.1.6.0 Staxrip x86 without any QTGMC....

Help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I was hoping that someone might be able to reply to any of my 3 posts above with some insight as I'm completely stuck now?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    this means QTGMC probably work under AviSynth+ x64 now too

If you cannot find the necessary plugins for AviSynth+ I can help you with it, adding a filter profile in StaxRip can be done with the filter profiles editor found in the context menu.
    Great! I'm not sure how much support this thread is getting because the last 3 posts I made have gone unanswered?

If QTGMC will probably work under this AviSynth+ x64 too, can you please...

1. Help with the necessary plugins for QTGMC to work with this AviSynth+ x64, as you suggested?
    2. Confirm the folder location where the QTGMC plugins should be stored. (i.e. (a) here C:\Program Files\AviSynth+\plugins64 or (b) here C:\Program Files\AviSynth+\plugins64+ or (c) in one of the three folders 'avs', 'both', 'vs' located here C:\Program Files\Staxrip x265\Apps\Plugins???
    3. From reading this thread, I understand that once the plugins have been stored correctly, I can Right click on the filters list, select profiles and in that window, add this to the Field: QTGMC = QTGMC(). But do I need to do anything to load the plugin, based on the location given in '2' above?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote