VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Dear all,

I have a large homevids-collection. 100+ hrs. My father died last year and I want to make a vid for my mother with clips of my father. Searching manually will take many hours. Is there a possibility for an automated search for an image of my father inside these recordings?

I am not up--to-date on the face-recognizing possibilities so I'm asking other members.

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is no such technology.

Ingest your footage into your computer and use any basic NLE such as Vegas Movie Studio to scan through quickly. Sony MTS is generally long-gop AVC, so scanning may be a little stuttery
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Dear smrppix,

Thanks for your fast response. I, luckily, allready have all footage on my harddisks. Not being a regular follower of news in this field, I used this forum to get an inight to the latest possibilities. Of course, anyone else's remarks are more than welcome.

Regarding your remark on Sony MTS being stuttery in playback or scanning due to being long-GOP. That's an eye-opener for me regarding a different matter too. I have a small MediaCenter: RaspberryPi-OpenElec/XBMC. I tried to playback my homevids on my TV but it resulted into stuttering. Unwatchable. I was unable to find a cause for this stutter. Inside the m2ts container was an mp4-file . My Pi has no problems in playing this kind of file from other sources. It does, however, when playing .m2ts. Thank you for handing me this clue. Not sure how to resolve this one though...

greetings,
    karls
    Quote Quote