VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I found this post online. Just wondering if it would be a good method of converting a 50fps project to 25fps in preparation for a DVD.

'You can do this by layering two adjacent frames above each other in a 25fps sequence.

1) Create two 50fps sequences of the clip (A and B).
    2) In one of the 50fps sequences, trim the first frame and slide the clip to frame zero.
    3) Create a 25fps sequence and nest the two 50fps sequences above each over.
    4) Reduce the opacity of the upper sequence so that both clips appear. In this example the upper clip is set to 50% opacity.'
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not a good method for general use (you wouldn't use it for everything, maybe only selected sections). It causes blurry (ghosted) images
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Not a good method for general use (you wouldn't use it for everything, maybe only selected sections). It causes blurry (ghosted) images
    Ah ok! What would be the best way to convert a 50fps project to 25fps ready for a dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by katieburchett View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Not a good method for general use (you wouldn't use it for everything, maybe only selected sections). It causes blurry (ghosted) images
    Ah ok! What would be the best way to convert a 50fps project to 25fps ready for a dvd?
    If motion fluidity is important for this content, you need to make it 25 frames per second interlaced (50 fields per second) , since 50p is not supported by DVD-video. I'm assuming you're making a PAL DVD
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If motion fluidity is important for this content, you need to make it 25 frames per second interlaced (50 fields per second) , since 50p is not supported by DVD-video. I'm assuming you're making a PAL DVD
    Ok great! Thanks
    Quote Quote