VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I am running into a playback issue on my second monitor (plasma TV). I have my TV as my second monitor with an extended desktop. When I use DXVA as the DirectShow in MPC-HC I don't notice any issues in playback. When I use my preferred madVR I start to notice issues in playback. I'm having trouble finding the right words to describe the problem but I'll give it my best shot. It seems like the video jumps back and then jumps back forward. The time of of the jump back and then forward is much less than a second. It gives the appearance of choppiness but I wouldn't describe it as such since it jumps back. I should point out that I don't notice any issues on my primary monitor. Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:

MPC-HC x64 1.7.8
    madVR v0.87.21

Windows 7 x64
    i7 920 CPU
    24.0 Gigs of ram
    EVGA gtx 260 SC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a guide here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1357375-advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide.html

Having said that, I've not been able to get MadVR working properly with two different video cards (chipsets). I switched back to the default config and everything plays fine.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try Ctrl+J while the video is playing. It might provide some info regarding what's going on. You could also compare the info MadVR displays when using monitor vs the TV.
    Quote Quote