VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

First, let me thank you for this wonderful community. Thanks to this forum and the many informative posts I was able to translate a DVD to English (including subtitles and menus) as a wedding present for my sister.

I am however having an issue with menu button highlights. The original DVD has drawings of cute little penguins next to each button (which are part of the menu background) and when the button is highlighted, the drawing turns orange. I have created a new button in PGCEdit to toggle my newly added subtitles, but even though I copied another button (which toggled the original subtitles and whose penguin turns orange) I cannot get the highlight to show up on my new button. I looked through PGCEdit but was not able to figure out how the highlight gets placed, toggled, or where the orange "version" of the penguin drawing comes from.

Any information on how the button highlights work, where they get their data from, and how to set them up in PGCEdit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Marek
    Last edited by marco1475; 25th Aug 2015 at 23:49.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you also edit the existing subpic to add the new menu item? If not, then DVDSubEdit is the tool for that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, that was exactly what was missing. Thank you very much, now the DVD is perfect!
    Quote Quote