VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, thanks in advance for anyone help on this...

I have a Magnavox VCR with an elgato video capture, and Im getting screen flickers and flashing on the captured video. These are my home videos when I was a kid, not copy protected ones. If i play it on the vcr to tv it looks great and not on the preview window on many different software capture programs. I have tried a few different cords, with Power director 12, virtualDub, Elgato software and they all do the same flicker or flashing with colors waving acrossed sometimes.

I didnt know if I need a Digital Video Stabilizer because its sensing a false copy protection, a little help please...

-Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do you now live in a different part of the world than when you were growing up?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No I live in the same town I grew up in, I don't understand why it will look great when played on the vcr to tv but flicker when connected to the capture software
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do you have a different VCR you can try? TVs are a lot more forgiving of unstable video signals than digital capture devices. You may need to add a TBC into your chain. It has nothing to do with copy protection.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Long shot: is there a PAL/NTSC mismatch somewhere, or perhaps problems with the refresh rate of the monitor?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think the problem is some capture cards can't deal with the dirty frame synchronization signals from VCRs. i wouldn't think the OP would set up the TV system wrong in the capture card, but you newer know.

Elgato Video Capture automatically detects NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL/60 video formats for worldwide compatibility.
    https://www.elgato.com/en/video/video-capture
    Quote Quote  
  7. Smrpix thanks, what's a tbc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Rdakin7593 View Post
    Smrpix thanks, what's a tbc?
    Don't worry about a TBC, they are almost always unnecessary for the average person's needs. Check the settings on the capture device as Mr. Chris mentioned (and I hinted to).
    Quote Quote