VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I make music videos from movies. For my own use, entertainment and who hasn't watched a movie and though, this song would go so well with it as a music video? So I do that. I post them on youtube but my issues are; the video is bad picture quality and I use Movie Maker and I know it isn't the thing making the picture bad. It's the ripping software. I've tried Dazzle, 123CopyDVD and am now trying AnyDVD and I'm just not getting a good enough quality. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Then there's those dreaded black bars! You see normally there are programs that will take those out and that would work for all my video except one. My Bonnie & Clyde video. Where I used parts of the actual movie and then parts of two deleted scenes off the extras disc. This is where I'm having the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnc2Nzb5S2g
    At 0:56 you see that the black bars show up because this is from a different disc and probably filmed in a different ratio.
    Same problem at 4:13.

I don't want to stretch it because I've tried that and it looks terrible. I've cropped the scenes but I don't want to lose any of the actual picture. Is there anyone who can do this without sacrificing the picture, just taking out the black bars?

I have the files and can send them.

I really need help with this.

I hope this is the right place to ask.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Muze Twelve, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It was first post and I wanted to give an idea of several issues at once. I guess I messed up the title.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Muze Twelve View Post
    and I use Movie Maker and I know it isn't the thing making the picture bad.
    It's certainly contributing to it. It's a worthless piece of junk. If you have any hope of ever uploading decent quality video get rid of it immediately.

Movies aren't 29.97fps, they're 23.976fps (on DVD). I expected to see a duplicate frame in every 5. Instead I see tons of them. I don't know what you did but this is godawful. Just step through it frame-by-frame and have a look.

This is where I'm having the problems.
    It's one of the places you're having problems. Apparently the extras are encoded as 4:3 and if you want them to match up with the rest, they'll have to be cropped and resized. Yes, they'll then become even blurrier than the rest of it. But the rest of it shouldn't be that blurry.

Why is it 1080p? The source is a DVD, isn't it? And you thought upscaling it with Movie Maker would make it look better?

You didn't have any copyright problems by using an Abba song without permission?
    ...who hasn't watched a movie and though, this song would go so well with it as a music video?
    I haven't.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What, what and what?

First I'm not even going into copyright issues. I haven't sold anything. Don't care either. YT is chock full of songs.

Second, I never used any other video editing software for making these than Movie Maker. But that's just a container. It's not the problem. It really isn't. The problem is usually with the ripping software like Dazzle, and the fact that film for use I linked to was actually off of a download my brother got for me from Pirate Bay.

The extra scenes were from the special features disc and it just went on through. I don't know how he did it. But I have a file of it without the black bars and it isn't stretched or anything. It doesn't show up on the regular TV when burned to a blank DVD, these black bars only show up on YT. Go figure.

I don't get what you mean by every five frames being duplicates. The video itself is using scenes from the movie, there are no repeated scenes.
    Quote Quote