VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I need to share a file with a friend, say a 20Mb zip file.

What is current "best" (and widely used) file uploading/sharing service to use ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use uTorrent and send him the file direct from your computer (both computers must be online though).

Both install uTorrent (or other BitTorrent client). Add the file to uTorrent. Send him the magnet link. He can add the magnet to uTorrent and the file will transfer to him.

Alternatively, a good file sending service is Hightail (formerly YouSendIt):
    https://www.hightail.com/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    20Mb? GMAIL will work.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Onedrive and share the file with your friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.
    Ended up using google drive and sharing the file(s) to specific people that way.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    Thank you.
    Ended up using google drive and sharing the file(s) to specific people that way.
    At least you selected a decent safe method and not one of these stupid Torrent services or file sharing websites such as ImageShack

I have 2x 1tb Dropbox Pro accounts, so i can share 1.4tb of stuff in my 2 Dropbox folders with whoever i like, just send them the link, and they dont even need to have Dropbox on their own computer.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Jumpshare is good
    Quote Quote  
  9. Anyone got any suggestions when the file is 8 GB in size? Although I would hate waiting for that to upload on my ADSL connection. Right now my preferred method is hand courier using a USB stick.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mega.nz - no file size limits, anything up to your available storage.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions when the file is 8 GB in size? Although I would hate waiting for that to upload on my ADSL connection. Right now my preferred method is hand courier using a USB stick.
    If you do upload something like 8GB onto a file hosting site with a ADSL connection, you may want to break the file up into chunks with WinRAR. Some file hosting site will just kick you after a long time and so you won't have to upload the entire file again if you get kicked or stall out.

If I were you I would just create a torrent file and give the torrent to the recipient, best method IMO. You can use DHT or public trackers to find each other.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions when the file is 8 GB in size? Although I would hate waiting for that to upload on my ADSL connection. Right now my preferred method is hand courier using a USB stick.
    MEGA: 990Mb max file (If 1GB, its necessary MEGA plugin on FIREFOX, avoid this), preferable 7ZIP or RAR

ONEDRIVE: 2GB is OK (Upsize 200Mb, ONEDRIVE account is necessary to download)

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cauptain - you've got wrong info on mega. there is no file size limit. i've got 5 and 10 GB files in one of mine and their support and reviews of mega say no limit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-30_001311.png
Views:	265
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	33387
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    cauptain - you've got wrong info on mega. there is no file size limit.
    Yeah, uploading them is one thing. I have uploaded several DVD ISOs (4.35+ GB). But they can't be downloaded without jumping through hoops. You can't just click on the link and expect to get it to your computer. I just went through this with their support people. Now I have to break my 4 DVDs into RAR files and reupload them. Have you tried to download your own files?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    cauptain - you've got wrong info on mega. there is no file size limit. i've got 5 and 10 GB files in one of mine and their support and reviews of mega say no limit.
    Hi aedipuss

My post is based on:
    "Anyone got any suggestions when the file is 8 GB in size?"

My ONEDRIVE has 10TB/INFINITE storage. All my higher files are 50MB RAR (Its default for thousand groups releases).

This is the maximum size that I think appropriate for others get download. Based on my connection, no problem if file is 1GB, 2GB, 10GB or 40GB

Claudio
    Quote Quote