VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All
    I have a hard wired (cat5) network cable connected to my TV from my router and have had no problems with streaming MP4 files previously. Lately though (couple of months) the sound started skipping when watching. I have tried different media servers but its still the same. So last night I tried putting the file on a USB drive and watching it direct and the skipping still happens plus streaming to other TVs in the house works fine. This obviously tells me that something is wrong or has changed on my TV. I have done a couple of factory resets on the TV which did not help.Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this.

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-HX55

Thanks in advance
    Coops
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried with several mp4 files? Or avi divx/xvid or mpeg2 files? Just to see if it happens with everything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have tried other MP4 files and its the same. My TV does not play AVI but when I use Vuze to encode it in to what my TV uses it still jumps.
    Using my BluRay to stream wireless for now and working fine it just seems like anything direct to teh TV skips on the sound
    Quote Quote