VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I edited and burned my first Blu-Ray (as opposed to DVDs) using Movie Edit Pro 2015. No error messages or other issues with the burning process and in fact MEP said it was burned successfully. My blu-ray player won't play it but it's also not giving any error messages. When the tray with the disc slides in, the menu simply says BDMV (as opposed to DVD+R which works). It won't play; it doesn't do anything really. The firmware version is M.24.R.0214 on the blu-ray player.

Frustrated mostly because I'm sure there's something real obvious I'm missing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try burning with imgburn and see if any error message pop up with imgburn,if it doesn't show any error or recommendations to change settings then burn away,i have the same blu-ray player as you and it has no issues playing burned blu-ray discs as long as they were authored properly and burned the right way.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I do that? I've never used imgburn. I have it on my computer now but what about the burning part? Do I burn the 3 folders I have now (AACS, BDMV, and Certificate)? Or does Magix have a completed file that I forgot where it's saved on my PC?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Go to the imgburn website and look at their guides. Be sure to check out their forum for more detailed guides.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Steelerfan43240 View Post
    I edited and burned my first Blu-Ray (as opposed to DVDs) using Movie Edit Pro 2015. No error messages or other issues with the burning process and in fact MEP said it was burned successfully. My blu-ray player won't play it but it's also not giving any error messages. When the tray with the disc slides in, the menu simply says BDMV (as opposed to DVD+R which works). It won't play; it doesn't do anything really. The firmware version is M.24.R.0214 on the blu-ray player.

what brand of blank discs do you use??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How do I do that? I've never used imgburn. I have it on my computer now but what about the burning part? Do I burn the 3 folders I have now (AACS, BDMV, and Certificate)? Or does Magix have a completed file that I forgot where it's saved on my PC?
    I'm assuming you have your Blu-ray project saved as folders. Open imgburn, and select Write Files/Folders to Disc, choose the parent folder, and imgburn should recognize it as a Blu-ray. Allow it to change the file system if it prompts you, and proceed with the burn. Easy Peasy.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  7. satan's little helper teamsatan's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Try burning with imgburn and see if any error message pop up with imgburn,if it doesn't show any error or recommendations to change settings then burn away,i have the same blu-ray player as you and it has no issues playing burned blu-ray discs as long as they were authored properly and burned the right way.
    I also have the same Blu-Ray player, burning with ImgBurn and have never had any problems with the discs. have probably tried about 8 different brands, and all have worked perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it. Same result: nothing. On the Blu-Ray player's menu it says BD-R BDMV. No error message. It just doesn't play. Screen goes black for a second, as if it was going to play but just goes back to the main menu. At least if it would give me an error message I would have something to go on. But I don't even have that. Even my old DVD's that I burned before I had a blu-ray player work. On the main menu it says DVD+R but it plays. And when I burned this disc using Imgburn, it said it worked just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The instructions with the Blu-Ray player state "The BD-Rs recorded on a PC cannot be played if postscripts are recordable." What does that mean? Could I have done that without realizing it? If it's something simple that I could have done wrong, then I probably did. I know just enough to get by because between school and work, my mind is pretty well spent some days.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's the video FPS of your video?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    29.97 fps
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM

did you try asking your question on MAGIX community forum?? - http://www.magix.info/us/
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd be happy if I could get an answer to what does "The BD-Rs recorded on a PC cannot be played if postscripts are recordable" mean? I have no idea what postscripts are let alone if they're "recordable." I've tried to Google that all it comes up with is other people on other websites asking the same question but no answers.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd be happy if I could get an answer to what does "The BD-Rs recorded on a PC cannot be played if postscripts are recordable" mean? I have no idea what postscripts are let alone if they're "recordable." I've tried to Google that all it comes up with is other people on other websites asking the same question but no answers.
    the only thing that i found is the disc must be finalized - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/337862-sony-bdv-e370-will-not-play-bd25
    read post #2
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I also read that it also be a problem with the discs you are using,have you tried verbatim?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Backup a Blueray disk with BDRB,burn with Imgburn and see if it plays. If that works it isn't the Sony player. The problem is in how you authored with the program you used. The postscrip note is the player telling you the disk is not correctly formatted to play.
    Last edited by wulf109; 14th Sep 2015 at 23:03.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried authoring all over again and encoding to Directory so I can burn it using Img Burn (or something like that). Would not even start. This is the error log and I haven't left anything out; it is that short:

10/4/2015 2:14:28 AM.803: Open Project: Project_1 -- bd project 2015-10-04
    10/4/2015 2:14:28 AM.804: VideoMode: NTSC Temp Dir: C:\Users\DougG\Videos\
    10/4/2015 2:14:28 AM.804: dll version 5.0.10.0
    10/4/2015 2:14:28 AM.810: Step 1 of 9, Encoding movie 1 ...
    10/4/2015 2:14:29 AM.040: Step 1 done
    10/4/2015 2:14:29 AM.044: ERROR: PrepareDVDVideoFiles() failed with errNo 5 - encoding failed
    10/4/2015 2:14:29 AM.045: !!! DBK error in BurnProject: 10 - movie encoding failed !!!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is my issue,i will be shooting a wedding in 3D using 2 fuji 3d video cameras.although it produces great 3D video i cannot seem to figure out how to burn it so that it plays like a commercial blu ray.i always need to switch the 3D tv to half side by side.why doesn't the Panasonic 3D player just play it as a sequential like the commercial blu ray.is there a code to trigger this I'm just not adding? i cannot seem to get an answer for this any help would be appreciated.i want to make the bluray just load in and play as many users aren't to savoy with changing the TV settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    whitefalcon74 - you really should start your own thread. your question has nothing to do with this post.

but in answer to your question. your side by side 3d isn't anything like factory 3d blurays as they are recorded as mvc.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote