VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I don't think someone asked this before, so please help me.
    How to explain this!!! It's a really long story. I'm sorry to bother you. I must tell it. I must apologize in advance for my poor english.

There is a drama series about 16 episode [original]. I want it in my native language, and I can only find it on viki. The never ending problem is that those on viki sliced each episode into 6 parts [are youtube links of those 6 parts] and then subbed them [the parts]. I was able to download the subtitle of each part of an episode. So I have 6 subtitle parts [6 notepad files] for each episode. I do not want to join these 6 files to match a full episode because, OMG, there is another problem. My original drama of 16 episodes has a horrible image quality. I found a HD version of it and it is about 24 episode. I really don't know why When this drama aired it was in a 16 eps "pack". Don't know where this 24 eps pack came from, but it is a HD version. Nothing less or more than the original ver of 16 eps. Thank God there is english subtitle available for it. So I must find a way to insert the translation [ those 6 notepad files for each episode] into these 24 files.

Methods which came to my mind.

The most horrifying idea is to copy each line and paste it.
    Another one: To make those 6 subtitle parts as plain text, only the text lines. After that, If there's a way [anything] I want to open the subtitle of the first ep [24 pack ver] and make a selection of the same "size" of the first part [one of those 6] of ep one [16 pack ver]. After making the selection I want to paste the plain text of the first part of the first ep [16 pack ver]. To have only the text replaced and the timming untouched. And this way I could go through all the rest of subtitles.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I migth also be confused but here it goes.

You have 16 and 24 episodes. 16/24 = 4/6, ie 4 of your 6 parts subtitles should fit an episode. Open each part in Subtitle Edit and either use "Synchronization -> Point sync via other subtitle" using timecode from the english subtitles or use copy/paste as shown in post #9 here. (I take it that the English subtitles are in sync).

Then use "Tools -> Append subtitle" to join the parts.

And forget about working with plain text. That'll only work if the number of subtitles are the same in the English and other subtitle which they almost certainly isn't.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh, I thought my problem has no solution so I gave up hope to find some help here.
    I came back to post my result, maybe someone will have same problem as mine.
    AdamSwing and videobruger thank you so much for willing to help me!
    - the problem is there are some extra lines in those parts of that 16 pack version. Yes, the eng sub for the 24 pack ver are made for it

My solution may seem silly but I really have no other choice. I used Sony Vegas Pro + Vegasaur to copy paste text blocks between these files.
    Quote Quote