VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone, I searched high and low for the answer to this question, it may just be that simple/ I may be that dull, I'm not entirely sure! My question is that when I make a recording in OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) and I view the video I made in Windows Media Player the quality is top notch and as it should be. When I go to view and edit the video is Pinnacle Ultimate Studio 18 however, the quality drops to almost unwatchable quality. I have tried changing the bitrate amount (1000-4000) and changed from mp4 to flv and back again (assuming I did it right which I believe I did). I haven't had the audio problems that others have had with OBS to Pinnacle, but I'm unsure what to do about the drop in quality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to resolve the issue. I was recording Starcraft 2 HOTS and when I tried the Live Screen Capture method from Pinnacle the quality still was there. If there is any further information I should provide let me know and I will do my best to give it!

Thank you again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the original video recording looks fine in WMP, but only looks bad when imported into Pinnacle, then it's probably a problem with Pinnacle

Check your pinnacle settings, that they match the input file. Check the project settings and the export settings

e.g. If your source video s 1920x1080, but you're editing on a 720x480 timeline, that could explain the lower quality
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pinnacle, like many NLEs will preview at a lower quality in order to provide more responsive editing. In addition to checking that your timeline matches your footage, as pdr suggests, check your preview settings.

This has no effect on how you choose to export.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Awesome thank you! I hadn't realized there was an option for the preview quality. I've edited it now. Since I have changed around the qualities, I was wondering if it is better to record in mp4 or flv? Or if there is a difference. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote