VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I am looking for a tool that converts video signal into audible signal.

Now, wait, if you think this is the craziest thing you ever read or heard!

I had this nifty utility -- I can't recall the name ( ). It converted Video signal frequencies to audible spectrum and could be used as audio track of any video.

I have attached an MP4 file without audio. Imagine the impact after video frequencies are down-converted into audio frequencies!

Please share info and help.

Thanks.

P.S. Is there some way I can save every frame in the attached video?

It might help in finding a solution and I'll share the result and process here.
    Thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 14th Aug 2015 at 05:01. Reason: Added additional text for evoking responses.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello,

Here is the lowdown on what I tried but could not succeed:

The nifty utility I referred to is i2sm: "i2sm converts digital image files to music. It analyzes the brightness, color and saturation of pixels in the image and converts them to notes in a song."

I was wrong to think that it 'down-converts video frequencies to audio'.

One of the links on the Forum suggested to use GOMPlayer for capturing all images in the video I attached. It's just 1s497ms long.

And, I did get all images. But, that is just that far I could get and no further. I could not use i2sm!

May be the info above is useful.

Thanks to forum.videohelp.com for providing an opportunity.

And, thanks to visitors who viewed this post.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ffmpeg can be used to save frames as pictures, side to this remember that audio is 1D and video 2D so... unfolding video to audio means combine line by line (efficiently create one very long line) and this for example luminance - side to this you have chrominance i.e at least 2 additional signals - i can imagine some complex modulation to create audible signal but still not sure what are your expectations...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ConverterCrazy View Post
    I could not use i2sm!
    What does that mean? The program didn't install? The program wouldn't start? It didn't load your images? It crashed? It didn't give good results?

<edit>

Here's a riveting tune it generated from the first frame of you lightning video.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 17th Aug 2015 at 13:26.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    ffmpeg can be used to save frames as pictures, side to this remember that audio is 1D and video 2D so... unfolding video to audio means combine line by line (efficiently create one very long line) and this for example luminance - side to this you have chrominance i.e at least 2 additional signals - i can imagine some complex modulation to create audible signal but still not sure what are your expectations...
    Thanks @pandy for the response.

I can understand the English part of your reply but can't use ffmpeg
    I use ffmpeg with command lines supplied by members of this forum. They all work for me; but, of my own I can't use ffmpeg. I know my limitations.

@jagabo

It just means that I am not good at using i2sm. Your MIDI file sounds better than mine created by i2sm.

After I extracted frames using GOMPlayer and using i2sm v2.1 -- with default settings (no problem with installation) I got file1.mid.
    After I added thunder effect, I cut short the track for 1.490 seconds -- the duration of video clip -- I got File2.mkv.

Thank you for your replies, suggestions and help.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Oops!

The MIDI file didn't upload

Here it is
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. To save video as image sequence (with optional resize)
    Code:
    @set /p pix=Enter image width (e.g 320): 
    @echo Image width is: %pix%

@CHOICE /T:Y,1

@md IMG_%1
    @ffmpeg -threads %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*1.5 -i %1 -vf "scale=%pix%:-1:out_range=full:sws_flags=spline:sws_dither=a_dither" -vsync 0 "IMG_%1\%%06d.png"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks @pandy

I'll try and reply ASAP.
    Quote Quote  
  9. @pandy

Tried.
    One folder IMG_ was created and batch file exited.
    Quote Quote