VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello friends,

Samsung BD-F5100 Network Blu-ray and DVD Player which is working perfectly fine.

We play videos mostly from USB drive connected to it but we had to disconnect/connect it every time we need to add new of videos to watch. As it is network connected, I would like to know if there's any way that I can transfer files from my laptop to Bluray player (to the USB drive) over the network (LAN)?

When i browse through the sources on the Blu-ray player (to choose Disc / USB / network devices etc..), I can see the list of my desktops connected to the same LAN so I guess it should be possible to transfer files over the network.

Please advise, many thanks!!

- Bateman
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by batemanj View Post
    Hello friends,

Samsung BD-F5100 Network Blu-ray and DVD Player which is working perfectly fine.

We play videos mostly from USB drive connected to it but we had to disconnect/connect it every time we need to add new of videos to watch. As it is network connected, I would like to know if there's any way that I can transfer files from my laptop to Bluray player (to the USB drive) over the network (LAN)?

When i browse through the sources on the Blu-ray player (to choose Disc / USB / network devices etc..), I can see the list of my desktops connected to the same LAN so I guess it should be possible to transfer files over the network.

- Bateman
    Looking at the manual, I saw information about playing files on a PC or NAS, but I didn't see anything about copying files from a PC or NAS to a USB drive attached to the BD-F5100.

Some routers include USB ports able to accept a USB Drive. The attached drive becomes visible to other devices on the network when the router's firmware is configured to use it, and can be used as media server. Maybe that would work instead if your router includes this option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks usually_quiet.

Unfortunately I don't have such router. Will try PC one using DVLA software but it won't be that much useful.

Cheers

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by batemanj View Post
    Hello friends,

- Bateman

Looking at the manual, I saw information about playing files on a PC or NAS, but I didn't see anything about copying files from a PC or NAS to a USB drive attached to the BD-F5100.

Some routers include USB ports able to accept a USB Drive. The attached drive becomes visible to other devices on the network when the router's firmware is configured to use it, and can be used as media server. Maybe that would work instead if your router includes this option.
    Quote Quote