VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I load a SUP file into SubtitleCreator, I see different timestamps for the same file depending on which file was last opened.

Example:

I open Subpictures_20 PGC.sup.
    The first timestamp says:
    00:01:36.096

Next, I open a different file, Subpictures_20 VobSub.idx.
    The first timestamp says:
    00:01:36.029

I then open re-open the first file again, Subpictures_20 PGC.sup.
    Now the first timestamp says:
    00:01:36.000

What's going on here? How can there possibly be two sets of timestamps for the same file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try closing and reopening SubtitleCreator before opening the first file for the second time. If you get the correct timestamp, it's most probably a bug in the software, maybe some variable that isn't properly reinitialized.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    If you get the correct timestamp, it's most probably a bug in the software
    How do I know which timestamp is the correct one?

When I close SubtitleCreator before opening the same file a second time, the timestamp is the same as it is the first time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lomaidala View Post
    How do I know which timestamp is the correct one?
    I would bet the correct timestamp is the one you obtain when you open the subtitles right after starting SubtitleCreator. Like I said, it's most likely a variable that isn't correctly reinitialized. But if you really want to know, you can open the subtitles with a different software and compare.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    I would bet the correct timestamp is the one you obtain when you open the subtitles right after starting SubtitleCreator. Like I said, it's most likely a variable that isn't correctly reinitialized. But if you really want to know, you can open the subtitles with a different software and compare.
    So this is interesting. It looks as though SubtitleCreator does not load the correct timestamps after first launching the program. I tried viewing the SUP in DVDSubEdit, and the only way I can view the same timestamps in SubtitleCreator is by opening the SUP after opening an IDX. Weird.
    Quote Quote