VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am in the middle of downloading some videos from YouTube, I am using ChrisPC Free video tube downloader, and would like to take out the romainian language and use the English what can I use to make this happen? John
    Quote Quote  
  2. Romanian is a fine language, what are you talking about?
    If languages are on separate tracks you can remove them easily. If they're mixed on the same audio track then there's nothing you can do. You can but it'll cost about $1000 per minute for a professional to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get. most of my stuff online (youtube) . I come from usa and myopic languaged ( english) , and have no doubt that romainnan is a fine language and am using chrispc to download them, but since i cant understand them. They are useless to me. Can anyone think of another site that has heathcliff and marmaduke for free??? Or how i can add a language in?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you have to remux the file using software like AviDemux

in settings copy video
    copy audio
    choose only the english sound track

me.. sometimes i just play something in VLC and choose the soundtrack i want to listen too
    Last edited by theewizard; 13th Aug 2015 at 23:59. Reason: spelling errors
    Quote Quote  
    Some sort of cave with bats flying around
    Search PM
    My advice would be to use youtube-dl which is much better and open source as well
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I use avidemux if there's only one sound track?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by RBCC View Post
    You don't. theewizard is trying to dazzle you with his knowledge without actually reading your predicament.
    Quote Quote  
  8. @RBCC: if you can hear both languages at the same time: Romanian louder and English underneath quieter, and after checking with MediaInfo that the videos have only one audio track inside container (mp4, flv, etc) there's a good chance that you have videos with "voice-over": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice-over_translation . It's quite popular in Eastern Europe. I don't think you'll be lucky to extract English only audio from it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the MediaInfo. I only lists 1 Audio Track Italian! John
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. So when you play the video you can hear both languages at the same time? Italian? Maybe it was signed incorrectly during conversion or maybe it is Italian and you mistook it for "romainian" or you meant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages . Both Romanian and Italian belong to this language family
    Last edited by AllisOne; 14th Aug 2015 at 14:42.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    You don't. theewizard is trying to dazzle you with his knowledge without actually reading your predicament.
    he said "Romanian and the English"

from this statement i assumed TWO separate audio tracks, i also said use VLC and choose the english sound track

from other posters it is plain there is NO english sound track, and he has Italian with ?? voice over

there is no enllish track to extract ..

not my fault he he can't express hiselft correctly

i answered using the info availble
    Quote Quote  
    Some sort of cave with bats flying around
    Search PM
    So basicly the audio has english audio but its overlayed with roman/italian meaning he can't extract the audio language he wants because its all 1 audio track.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK �� so I didn't explain things too well, here goes. I can't differentiate between the too languages when I play it . I only hear one language Italian. I sent it through mediainfo and I don't remember it saying any language at all. I sent it through avimux it showed no languages. Can I take the Italian off the top of the English? Who does this? John
    Quote Quote  
  14. Romanian, Italian, English -- it doesn't matter what languages are actually spoken or how they are labelled.

The question is, are the different languages on different tracks or are they on a single track? It appears from the information provided that both languages are on the same track -- so no, you cannot separate them.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any chance the two languages are on separate channels (Left/Right) in the audio stream?
    VLC can select between channels.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dunno. But will try.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded vlc and it says that there is only one audio stream! So this leads me to believe they are the same one or there is no English audio stream . It seems to be in monaural!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try both channels to see if they are the same.

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  14.8 KB
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded vlc and it says that there is only one audio stream! So this leads me to believe they are the same one or there is no English audio stream . It seems to be in monaural!
    So why don't you just post the frakking medianfo report so people could actually see what is going on?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    So why don't you just post the frakking medianfo report so people could actually see what is going on?

He posted the MediaInfo file in post no. 9. But I understand your irritation. I've re-read this thread a few times and the more answers he is giving us the more confused I am. It's 1 month already and I still can't get what voices ... ehm languages he can hear or not hear
    Quote Quote  
  21. No doubt he's talking about this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2CzpE8Nis

It has only one audio track, Italian. Although it's stereo both channels are the same (ie it's really mono). You can remove the Italian audio track but there is no possibility of restoring the original English audio from that video.
    Last edited by jagabo; 6th Sep 2015 at 10:47.
    Quote Quote