VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to put 5 different beginner drum lessons on a DVD for a student. He will need to be able to click on which lesson he needs to view. He'll be using a stand alone dvd player to TV. Any help will be appreciated. Do I need to make menu's, chapters, or what? I'm old to drum playing but new to making DVD's.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you have a program to author DVD's? A menu would be the easiest, each lesson a chapter. Are you still using Win XP? You can use Windows Movie Maker to do what you want.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. I made this for someone who wanted a simple textbased menu for his mother to select some TV episodes from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62yzfqA8m9g
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    If you have each episode as a separate video, this is easy in AVStoDVD. Each video will be imported as a separate title and you will be able to select each one in the menu.

Make certain to click on DVD Menu, then Run Editor to put a menu in your new DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Do you have a program to author DVD's? A menu would be the easiest, each lesson a chapter. Are you still using Win XP? You can use Windows Movie Maker to do what you want.
    I have Wondershare DVD Creator. I really don't know if it's any good or not. I just downloaded it a few days ago. My OS is Windows 10 Pro... Yeah, I jumped before I looked.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    If you have each episode as a separate video, this is easy in AVStoDVD. Each video will be imported as a separate title and you will be able to select each one in the menu.

Make certain to click on DVD Menu, then Run Editor to put a menu in your new DVD.
    I downloaded AVStoDVD and found an old version of IMGBURN that didn't have the malware stuff. Is there a limit as to how many separate videos I can use on 1 DVD? Most of the tutorials that I want to use are only about 1-3 min long, so I'd like to put more than 4 or 5 if possible. Any info on this would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is there a limit as to how many separate videos I can use on 1 DVD?
    The bitrate wil be adjusted according to your target size and total playtime:

size = playtime * bitrate

So perhaps a total playtime around 2 hrs -> Just under 5 Mb/s bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Total number of titles should be 99 maximum. I believe only 16 are allowed per screen of the menu...but that's just going by memory. I didn't look it up so don't take that for gospel.

Running time, I'd stick to 2 1/2 hours or less on a DVD5, two would be better for higher quality. You can go over three hours on a DVD-9, but you don't want to push it. Use the HC encoder in a two pass configuration to get best results.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I was able to make the DVD's (2) with all the different lessons needed for a beginner student. I really appreciate all the help from you guys.
    Quote Quote