I had huge sync problems hardcode subtitles from a DVB video source with the easy to use VidCoder but it works perfect with Xmedia Recode. You can also adjust subtitle colors with Xmedia Recode.
Open your video. My video source is a .ts file with srt subtitles extracted using ccextractor.
Select Profile . I use the Apple - Ipad H264 as it will work on many devices.
Set the Destination folder.
Under the Subtitle tab Import the srt subtitle.
Select the stream.
Under Mode select Render. (Adjust the colors if you like)
Click on the arrow to add the subtitle track.
Under the Video tab I usually change the Rate control mode to Constant Quality around 20-25. Higher value smaller file size but lower quality. Don't use Constant Quality value 0 as it will crash Xmedia Recode.
Add the video to Queue.
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Last edited by Baldrick; 21st Jan 2016 at 13:55.
I keep trying this but it's just not working for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just keep getting a message that says an error occurred when converting, but no clue as to what the error is.
EDIT: I figured it out. I was trying to set the Rate control mode to Constant Quality at 0 for the highest possible quality. That was the problem. 0 doesn't work. The minimum you can set it to is 1.
Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 21st Jan 2016 at 13:50.
Hi...I managed to get subs hard coded into mp4 with XMedia, but there are now 2 video streams and mp4 file size has doubled. Anyone seen that ? What am I doing wrong.
XMR ver 18.104.22.168 still creates only 1 video track inside the .mp4, but XMR ver 22.214.171.124 creates 2 video tracks. These tests were done with 32-bit versions, while rendering subtitles.
Hope the author is reading
i have a weird situation. i'm 99% sure this was working for me yesterday, but now today once i add the rendered subtitle track xmedia recode won't let me add the job to the queue. if i remove the rendered subtitle track then everything works fine. also, this is still working for me on my vista server, but it no longer works on my windows 7 server. i've tried restarting the application, restarting the server, reinstalling the application, etc. i even copied the application folder from the vista machine, but nothing seems to make this work on my windows 7 server. just to be clear, when i click the "add to queue" button for a job with a rendered subtitle track, nothing happens. i get no error message, and the queue is still empty. if i take the same job and remove the rendered subtitle track, then the "add to queue" button works fine. thoughts?
Assuming you're using current version of XMR, I cannot comment on your problem. - I can only say that problem I had with two video tracks has been fixed several versions later, but never mentioned in the change log. There has not been a new version of XMR in months. Not sure the author is doing much work on it. There are still anomalies in this app. Great tool all around, just needs final touches
fyi: i used the latest version for both machines (126.96.36.199 for windows 7 and 188.8.131.52 for vista). thanks for pointing out the duplicate video track issue. that does seem to be an problem with the latest vista version of xmr (184.108.40.206).
Last edited by tjamesturner; 16th May 2017 at 12:33. Reason: discovered reproduction steps