VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've posted my FLV Fixer utility (that has a lot more functions) separately from The Media Utility. The help guide is in the form of a PDF and is included in the downloads. It is designed to do most of the unique things people have asked how to do in one tool. It is also made to stop at the execution so those not familiar with AVISynth or FFMpeg can see the scripts before execution and, if you are familiar, change the script to your liking.

FIRST AND FOREMOST... I am not a programmer by trade so I alter no original files. Instead I create new files with text added to tell what they are. Just the same, practice good procedures and
    USE ONLY COPIES OF YOU FILES

FLV Media Utility was originally built with the FLV portion only for correcting most of the downloaded FLV's that refuse to seek, play fully, re encode etc. These are usually caused by Meta Data that has been corrupted or removed, leaving only the coding with frames of audio and/or video. MOST of the time simply removing and replacing the Meta Data fixes this or, at least, leaves the video in a state that allows it to be fully converted correctly to the same or different format.

It has grown since then into a Main Form that will:
    1. Check integrity of FLV videos
    2. Remove Meta Data
    3. Replace Meta Data
    4. Perform Media Info on the video for most needed information with Media Info CLI
    (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows)
    5. Extract Audio
    6. Extract Video
    7. Shift Audio/Video to resync (Can visually compare audio to video) See Picture later in Play Tab
    8. Rename Videos with Media Info in name
    9. Find old video names left coded into the video
    10. Built in Player for videos that handles most AVS files (Or use your own)
    11. Built in Windows Media Player
    12. Embed the date/time from the image. Not the Windows file data but the data from the camera
    13. Add a subtitle track to an MP4 or MKV OR Hardcode subtitles into a video (SRT/ASS at the moment)
    14. Add Log to a video in adjustable transparency including Opaque image with transparent background
    15. Create HQ GIF
    16. Find key frames
    17. Work with MP4 file date times and convert Date/Time<--> 32 bit used in file and how to change w.Hex editor

The program is currently in 3 versions:

1. The version with FLV and Video Editor. (Not posted at this time)
    The FLV Only will not have the CLI Form and Editor Buttons at the top
    2. FLV Fixer/Checker Only (Without Video Editor)
    3. Video Editor Only (Also with limited Image editor)

The Complete program uses, in addition to the above Media Info:
    DGIndex/DGDecode https://www.videohelp.com/software/DGMPGDec
    EXIFTool http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
    FFMpeg http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
    FFMpeg Fiilters -> TransAll, MPASource, FFMS,
    FFPlay -> Part of FFMpeg
    FLVMeta http://www.flvmeta.com/
    YAMDI http://yamdi.sourceforge.net/
    TSRemux https://www.videohelp.com/software/TsRemux
    Dos Scripts written to perform repeated tasks such as embedding Date and time in images

I have included these with permission from their Great Authors who are a lot more talented than I at programming. All my program does is utilize these Terrific Utilities and calls them as it is needs them. This makes it possible to add updated/better utilities when if and when they are suited.

IMPORTANT: It also stops before execution to allow the scripts and ffmpeg strings to be viewed as a possible teaching aid for those not familiar with AVISynth and FFMpeg.

Download the PDF help file and check it out first. This program is made to be used with FFMpeg (included) and AVISynth installed. If it looks interesting, download the utilities and try them. I will try to fix any problems or suggestions .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_198 Jul. 30 02.08.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	37980Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_198 Jul. 30 02.09.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	37981

Links out of date
    Last edited by Budman1; 30th Jul 2016 at 03:13. Reason: Links out of date, No input for usage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    Thx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello, this tool seems like exactly what I need, but the latest link is down. Could I trouble you to post a new one?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is an old godaddy link but since they got crappy, imho, i now use cloud services. I have upgraded to windows 10 but since i have dual boot, i will check out on 10 and repost. Please understand that this is a VERY intensive program that does a LOT of functions. It worked for me but noone gave any feedback so ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I understand, thank you. I have around 10 FLVs that all have the correct file size but cause VLC to endlessly play/pause on a black screen. One of them gets about half way before breaking, and the rest don't start at all. I've tried so many things, this looks to be my best bet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. Is there any chance you could post a bad one for me. Sometimes they can be fixed with a hex editor not included in this version. If they can be fixed i might be able to create a custom program for that purpose
    Quote Quote  
  7. Unfortunately I don't think it would be wise to post them here, I recorded them myself in 2015 and at least a few of them show off my name/home address (mix of home videos and a virtual house tour for insurance). Due to the time that's passed and their unplayable state I have no way of knowing which is which.

Any tools or guides you could point me to beyond what appears on the first couple pages of google would be very appreciated though.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Aha! Digging through my hard drive I found this Dilbert animation I don't remember saving, which ends 9 seconds in (out of a 42 second runtime). If you could fix this, it would likely also fix at least the other file I have that dies part way through
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by mariaka View Post
    Aha! Digging through my hard drive I found this Dilbert animation I don't remember saving, which ends 9 seconds in (out of a 42 second runtime). If you could fix this, it would likely also fix at least the other file I have that dies part way through
    The runtime of your file is 9 s 427 ms, not 42 s (see mediainfo).
    A simple remux can fix this issue.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by mariaka View Post
    Aha! Digging through my hard drive I found this Dilbert animation I don't remember saving, which ends 9 seconds in (out of a 42 second runtime). If you could fix this, it would likely also fix at least the other file I have that dies part way through
    The runtime of your file is 9 s 427 ms, not 42 s (see mediainfo).
    A simple remux can fix this issue.
    Thank you for this, could you tell me exactly how you did it? Clearly you've fixed it, but when trying to remux using OBS (following a guide) the output file is 9 seconds long (and is listed as 9 seconds, rather than 46).

And my apologies for barging in, necro'ing a thread and asking silly questions. I like to consider myself not too bad with computers but this is a total gap in my knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
  11. With clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Load your flv, click main, click multiplex, click multiplex.
    Done.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm sorry, I did exactly that and the output file is still 9 seconds. Do I need to do something to force the remuxed version to be 46 seconds, like the input file at least claims to be?

edit: I may have misunderstood - were you saying that there is only 9 seconds of data in the video, and that the remaining 35ish seconds are unrecoverable? They were certainly there when I downloaded it
    Last edited by mariaka; 21st Oct 2022 at 18:20.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by mariaka View Post
    I'm sorry, I did exactly that and the output file is still 9 seconds. Do I need to do something to force the remuxed version to be 46 seconds, like the input file at least claims to be?

edit: I may have misunderstood - were you saying that there is only 9 seconds of data in the video, and that the remaining 35ish seconds are unrecoverable? They were certainly there when I downloaded it
    There are no missing 35 seconds.
    The length is 9 s 427 ms.
    The displayed 42 seconds are wrong.
    Quote Quote