VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My friend sent me 300 templates that are in MOV format. The problem is that all of them are 1080 x 1920. I need them to be 720 x 1280.

So I spent a day searching for a program that could batch change the size of the templates and still maintain the Alpha Channel to Yes.

I tried a few and they did change the size but for whatever reason they did not maintain the Alpha Channel to Yes.

Does anyone know of a program that can batch change the size of mov video (templates) and still maintain the alpha channel to yes?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. @steveeyes - insert data from MediaInfo!!!
    ffmpeg.exe -i "input.mov" -s 720x1280 -r ??? -f mov -c:v libopenjpeg -compression_level 5 -format j2k -pix_fmt rgba -movflags faststart -metadata title="???" -metadata artist="steveeyes" -metadata date="2015" "output.mov"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, you can do it with an ffmpeg batch file . You can also probably make a preset with ffqueue or tencoder (which are GUI's for ffmpeg) to do it

The 2 most commonly MOV formats used with alpha channel are QTRLE (ie "quicktime animation codec") and PNG (which is really the same as the image format PNG) . PNG will yield smaller filesizes due to compression, but slower performance because it's more compressed

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mov") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -s 720x1280 -pix_fmt rgba -c:v qtrle -c:a copy "%%~na.720x1280.mov"
    pause
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks all for your help
    Quote Quote