VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all. I'm wondering what the best way would be of cleaning up a video file of a scumbag trying to break into my car. It is mp4 format and I have zero experience in doing this. Thanks!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you upload the video here, someone will try to help you or at least make some suggestions as to what can be done about it . There is an "upload files" button

But don't get your hopes up too high - if it's typical security footage the resolution and lighting conditions are usually too poor. Real life is nothing like "CSI" on TV
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here you go. Thanks in advance for any help you can give
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sharpening will just increase the noise. You've got a very good look at the guy's face front and profile. Take it to the police as-is.

Increasing the contrast may make it more aestheically pleasing, but all you're doing at that point is tampering with evidence and making your case more difficult.

Not sure they're going to do much about what is at worst a minor tresspassing infraction anyway.
    Last edited by smrpix; 29th Jul 2015 at 09:40.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The video is already sharp. What it suffers from is a lack of detail -- from over compression.

FWIW: Image
    [Attachment 32882 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by jagabo; 29th Jul 2015 at 12:06.
    Quote Quote