VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right subforum for this but I'll take a chance.

I bought a second-hand Panasonic NV-HS1000 to capture some old tapes, but straightaway I've run into a problem: no matter which output I use (SCART, composite or S-video), the VCR will only play back sound, but no video (tried it on 2 TV's and a USB converter connected to my pc; I've also tried multiple tapes which I know to be in good condition). The screen simply remains black. When I try to bring up the OSD the screen also turns black. When I connect a video camera to the composite inputs at the front and select the AV3 input on the VCR, images from that camera are displayed correctly. I've cleaned the VCR heads, but there was hardly any dirt on them to begin with, and it has not made any difference. It is therefore my great hope that someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to figure out what's wrong here, and earn undying gratitude
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hate to bump my own thread, but I'm still holding out hope that someone will pass by and know the answer here... I've taken a few pictures of the VCR with the cover off, perhaps someone can see wether all the cables are still where they should be?

I can't see what's wrong, but then I barely know anything about these things...
    Quote Quote