VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I would like to combine two kind of filters and I do not know how.

It's about add black bands for those videos who do not fit a full HD resolution (in this case) and adding subtitles from a stream source...

The filters are as follow ...

Black bands ...
    Code:
    -filter:v 'scale=1920:-1,pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2'
    DVB Subtitles coming from a stream ...
    Code:
    -filter_complex '[0:v][0:s:1]overlay[v]' -map [v] -map 0:a
    I hope somebody might help.

Thank you very much in advance indeed!!

Kindest regards,
    Mapg
    Last edited by mapg; 25th Jul 2015 at 15:41.
    Quote Quote  
  2. have you tried simply calling one after the other?
    Code:
    -filter:v 'scale=1920:-1,pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2' -filter_complex '[0:v][0:s:1]overlay[v]'  -map [v] -map 0:a
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Selur,

I get the following error ...

Filtergraph 'scale=1920:-1,pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2' was specified through the -vf/-af/-filter option for output stream 0:0, which is fed from a complex filtergraph.

-vf/-af/-filter and -filter_complex cannot be used together for the same stream.

Best regards,
    Mapg
    Quote Quote  
  4. Then don't use overlay through filter_complex, but also through vf or move everything into a filter_complex call.

something like:
    Code:
    [0:v]scale=1920:-1[scaled];[scaled]pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2[video];[video][0:s:1]overlay[v];
    here's my thinking behind it:
    '[0:v]scale=1920:-1[scaled];' should take [0:v] = the first video track from source 1, scale it and provide the output for later filter under the variable 'scaled'
    '[scaled]pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2[video];' should take the content under 'scaled', evenly add padding to it to reach 1920x1080 and provide the output under for later filters under the variable 'video'

'[video][0:s:1]overlay[v]', should take 'video' and the subtitle stream number 1, overlay the later over the first and then output the combination under 'v'
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Selur,

Thank you very much for your help.

I did as follow and seems that ffmpeg is passing the commands without reporting errors. I couldn't test it in a real scenario yet
    Code:
    -filter_complex '[0:v]scale=1920:-1,pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2[video];[video][0:s:1]overlay[v]' -map [v] -map 0:a
    What do you think?

Best,
    Mapg
    Quote Quote