VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings!

Some time ago I bought a Panasonic AG-5710P (NTSC VCR with TBC) from USA ebay so I can digitalize a lot of NTSC tapes I have, along with others of my friends. When I got the VCR, I checked that the device was not working well, with a problem to loading the cassettes. Apparently everything else was working properly. So I put the VCR in a shop that repairs such devices, and the technical found that the VCR had no broken parts. The problem is only dyssynchrony of the cassette loading mechanism. And here is what is the problem, neither he nor I could find the service manual with this information. Further complicated because it's an American VCR with some age...and I'm in Portugal.

I did not want to return the VCR to the seller because I believe that the problem arose because of the VCR shipping, and I paid a good amount of money for the shipping and the customs. The only problem is to find the re-align information! Could someone indicate me where I can find that?

Thanks in advance for any help! (and sorry my english!)
    Quote Quote  
  2. The Panasonic K-Mechanism Service Manual covers realignment.

You can find it here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/3672-panasonic-vhs-vcr.html

Odd that the service provider doesn't have this. The K-Mech was used in various models worldwide.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the answer! That was exactly what I needed. I think that the service provider does not usually fix VCR's in this range, only the cheapest... on top of this is an American model, I do not know if the transport will be the same used in some Europeans VCR's. But what matters is that this problem is solved!
    Quote Quote