VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can the latest HCenc (.028) be installed to AVStoDVD?

if so, how?

I note the current AVS install HCenc subdir has only the HCenc executable & 3 info/pdf/text files & the HCenc zip has a bazillion files in it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just try replace the hcenc.exe with the hcenc_028.exe and test convert...and report back here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    looks like no go.

1st avs didn't like file name so i renamed to hcenc.exe, ran again & got error msg from hcenc 028 "cant create avisynth scriptenvirenment. avisynth version too old?..."

see screenshot of complete error msg on (hopefully) attached file.

im using avsdtodvd v282 in win xp
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. In addition to switching HCEnc versions, you'll have to upgrade your AviSynth to Avisynth 2.6 RC1 or more recent. It says that quite clearly on the HCEnc page here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    updating avisynth seems to have done it.

unfortunately didn't fix my original problem which was extremely slow processing of an mp4 (originally avi, edited with videoredo), 20% complete after 2 hours. videoredo originally saved it as .ts which was equally slow.

im trying running avstodvd with just the one mp4 file, originally i had it sandwiched between 2 avi files & as soon as it got to the mp4 it bogged down.

ok, thats curious, it just finished the 1 mp4 in about 5 minutes & i don't think i even saw hcenc come up in any of the windows while it was processing. combining it with the 2 avi's seems to bog it down when it gets to the mp4. or is mixing file formats a no-no with avstodvd?

fortunatly old reliable dvdflick came thru & put all 3 on dvd without problems.
    Last edited by dblake2; 21st Jul 2015 at 20:27.
    Quote Quote