VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have this mega project where need to create a dvd that quiz the user and gives a score at the end. i want as much as 400 questions in it, any suggestions and help would be appreciated. when the user selects an incorrect answer they should be promted and then either push to the next question or direct back to the question,,,that depends on which section / quiz they select. i have been toying with menu cells for this but i am very new to this sofware.... HELP...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do not know about menu cells for such a project but this might help

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/helppro2/index.html?link_hub.htm

Also note, if you did not already know, that any title set on a dvd is restricted to 99 menu items. If you need more you will have to span over multiple sets.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I original tried creating this with Nero. For twenty questions it worked great but after a while it just started to misbehave. So it seems I went over 90 menu items so that's why. They say you can use up to 30 cells in a single menu so that should be good for me. But the commands thing look exciting but I don't understand it as yet. Can I use menu cells in a counter list also? How would I get it to display scores after the user is finished?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to read the various tutorials that the creators of the software have written that discuss making 'Quiz' dvds. The tutorial also mentions that the program has a template for a simple quiz which you may be able to adapt.

But displaying a score at the end is not going to be easy. And the more questions, the more complex your coding will have to be. The tutorial shows a method of using hidden buttons on menu pages to display the score. But a dvd also has a restriction on the number of buttons - a 16:9 dvd can have less buttons than a 4:3 dvd. Simple maths states that if a menu page has 10 buttons, you would require 40 menu pages just to display a possible score up to 400. Hardly practical in my eyes.
    Quote Quote