VideoHelp Forum

Poll: You have a DV format video what do you do for editing and archiving?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    You have a DV format video what do you do for editing and archiving?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What the people were doing for 15 years, it had not changed
    -using video editor that can edit DVavi and export that DVavi, same quality basically still having originals, store it
    -then export it to mp4 or mpeg2 or DVD for viewing, delivery etc. from the same timeline using that videoeditor
    -if not happy with videoeditor's rendering quallity (or deinterlacing if that is the case), using lossless intermediate or dmfs and then encode it with whatever suitable encoding software, so it means if videoeditor cannot export lossless or use dmfs you have to make do only with what that videoeditor can render/export
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    _Al_ has the obvious answer, but it doesn't appear as a choice in your poll. Why not?
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  4. Back in the day i used to transfer the DV file from the tape onto my Hdd using WinDV 123, i then edited that video into a dvd compliant mpeg2 format, retained the Mini DV tapes for archiving, and then kept the mpeg2 file on my Hdd, and Author to Dvd if needed.

Later i would go on to re-convert those mpeg2 files to mp4 using VRD, at a bitrate of around 70% of the mpeg2 bitrate, which is the default bitrate determined by VRD for their mpeg2 to mp4 profile.

Cheers
    Quote Quote