VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to encode videos that are upscaled and I want to use ffdshow video encoder, but I need an CLI or any software that will function with the external encoder. Is there way to encode videos with ffdshow filter or not possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I remember being able to do this in earlier versions (WinXP) of Windows using Virtualdub or Vegas, but it doesn't seam to work in Win 8.1.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub internal/external encoders + ffdshow filters works flawless on Windows 8.1 32/64 bits.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by kairukun View Post
    I want to encode videos that are upscaled and I want to use ffdshow video encoder, but I need an CLI or any software that will function with the external encoder. Is there way to encode videos with ffdshow filter or not possible?
    It is not clear what is your intention but ffdshow can be used trough different way and by different software - for example Avisynth , VirtualDub(Mod).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    It is possible to use ffdshow's VfW codecs to encode a video stream with a CLI tool, e.g. avs2avi (call it once to configure the VfW codec and save a profile file, then re-use that in the following encodes); but you could as well use ffmpeg as CLI encoder, it should have the same encoders implemented. Furthermore, it is possible to control VirtualDub with jobs to load a source, configure a codec, and write a new AVI.
    Quote Quote